Chapter 25

Since we only had a few days left of our trip, we decided to travel down to Houston. We were going to stay in a hotel tonight; I haven't showered since the day I left. The trip there was really pretty, although there wasn't much. It was mostly roads and open fields. However, it was simply beautiful. There was a beach near Houston, so we decided we would just walk on the beach when we got there. I was really excited because I heard the streets of Houston were cute with all it's little shops.

"How long will it take to get there?" I whined. He looked over at me.

"I thought the trip was half the fun." He smirked. I smirked back at him but then smiled.

"Very true, did you book a hotel?"

"Yes I did. It's called La Rosa hotel, because of it's color. The whole building is painted light pink, and it seemed girly so I booked a room. One night, though. I hope that's ok."

"No it's perfectly fine." I looked up the hotel and the architecture was stunning. The building was a blush pink color with white bordering on the doors and windows. It's bordering had Spanish flare added, which made it very appealing. The best part were the bright pink and red rose baskets that hung from the lampposts outside.

"The hotel looks gorgeous. You did good, Jason." I smiled at him.

"Duh." He said sarcastically. We both laughed and I put on his music this time. A lot of it was alternative, which I really enjoyed.

The car ride lasted around 4 hours; not too bad, but my butt started to hurt after awhile.

"Can we stop and get some snacks. Not lunch, i'm not that hungry, but just like some chips and green tea?" I asked, trying to win him over with my begging face. "Pleaseeee?" I tugged on his arm like a toddler.

"Fine." He pulled over to a gas station and I ran inside to buy the snacks. Jason filled up on gas for his Jeep and we were off.

---

We got to our hotel by 4:00, which meant we had the rest of the night to spend in Houston. Right when we checked in, I jumped in the shower. We were going out to dinner that night, so I decided to put on a high waisted skirt and a pretty blouse. It was pretty warm here, so I had to wear sandals. I'm really glad I packed universally because otherwise, I would be walking around in sweaters and jeans; I would die of heat stroke. Granted, it did get cold at night, but I was prepared. I put on a little makeup, but not a full face.

"You ready babe?" Jason asked. I walked out of the bathroom putting earrings in.

"Yep." I said. I grabbed my purse and was ready to go.

We walked to a pretty fancy restaurant a couple blocks away. He wore a nice button down and shorts, nothing too fancy but at the same time not near casual. The restaurant was called the Rainbow Lodge, tucked away in a bunch of trees. The atmosphere was beautiful and gave off an organic vibe. It looked like a tree house, honestly, which was really cool. We walked up the steps to be seated.

"We have a reservation under Jason W." Jason told the lady.

"Ah, yes. A table for two, correct?" She asked grabbing two menus.

"Perfect." He said smiling. We sat down at our tables and began scanning the menu. It was pretty expensive.

"Jason..." I said.

"Yeah?" He asked looking up from his menu.

"This is expensive. Are you sure this is ok?"

"Babe, you're worth it. I don't mind because I love you and want to make your life amazing." He explained while grabbing my hand.

"You're literally the best person ever. I love you."

"I love you too. Don't worry about money; i've got you covered." He said and returned to look over his menu. I was so lucky to have him, a guy that cared this much about me. He's amazing, and I don't want to lose him.

I ordered a steak with a side salad. I'm a meat eater, yes, but I felt a little bad because it was pretty expensive. Jason insisted, though, and got the same as me. While we waited for our food, we talked.

He stared at me with his elbows on the table and his hands in fists touching his mouth. I was admiring the decor of the restaurant sipping my water when I noticed. When I set down my glass, I found him staring right into my eyes. They told another story. Today, it was

I cannot believe that I have you. You're beautiful and i'm glad i'm yours.

I answered him by blushing.

"Jason, why do you stare at me like that? You know your eyes just fascinate me."

He paused, and then spoke.

"Because I could watch you for a single minute, and find a thousand things that I love about you."

"Aw, Jason." My heart skipped a beat when he said that; i'm serious, I fell in love with him every time he spoke.

"I'm so humbled to know that someone like you is with someone like me. Honestly, I never thought I could pull it all off, but I did...because of you."

He moved his hands away from his mouth and rested them on his legs. The way he talked won me over. Although, i'm scared that he's just saying this to make me happy. Does he really mean it? I guess i'm just a naturally scared, paranoid girl. Not many people are like that. I want to believe he truly loves me, but i'm scared of it all being a hoax, a figment of my imagination. Does true love at this age exist? I don't know. But whatever I'm experiencing now, feels like it. I know I shouldn't be having my doubts, but I just don't want to loose him to true love. He could meet someone else and leave me because that's who he is meant to be with. The thought of me being with anyone else than my first true love, terrifies me. I love him too much to be with anyone else. He is the reason why I have hope in tough situations. He is the reason why my dreams are coming true. He is the reason why my life is like the way it is, and I don't want it to be anything else.

>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<

A/N
Thank you so much for 1K reads! It really means a lot to me and i'm glad you're enjoying my book. I am done with this book and working on the sequel, but that won't come out for a while. Also, I think i'm going to update twice a day instead of once; once in the morning and once at night (I live on the east coast so everything is EST time). Thanks again for everything
❤️love you lots