Chapter 1- The Ball pt.1

Jade POV

I don't understand why people make such a big fuss out of having a mate, sure they are the other half to you're soul and they complete you in ways a simple boyfriend can't. But what if they reject you. They don't teach you what to do in cases when that happens. No, they go on and on about how they're just perfect!
"Oh so perfect" I muttered annoyed.

My parents are Alpha Nathan and Luna Hazel, but to me they're mom and dad. They are making me throw a ball to find my mate cliche I know. Now not only are they making me invite everyone from school they're making me invite every werewolf in school.

I know it sounds like I'm ranting, but I am a vampire. I'm forced to be around them and the ball is tonight. I'm in the midst of getting ready, my hair is brown with some low lights in tight curls down the middle of my back, and I have on peach colored droplet earrings. While I am spraying on perfume I heard a knock on my bedroom door.
"Yes, come in" I said quietly knowing the person could here me.

Bursting in came my best friend Camille Ava Florence, her dad is the beta of the "pack" James.
"Awe jaws( my initials J.A.W) you look ravishing" She looked at me and gushed.
Muttering a thanks we leave out the room lead by the guards, we come to a halt at the door to where we enter, we both glance at each other nervous. We checked out our outfits and made sure it looked good. I am wearing a strapless peach cream dress by Dolce and Gabana with cream pumps. While Camille is in a little black dress with pearls around the neckline. She is nervous because her father is a beta and this ball is also for her. We look at the guard and nod he talks into an earpiece and all I hear behind the doors is
"Ladies and gentleman I present you Jade Alexis Wilkins and Camille Ava Florence"
The doors open and we stride out to the top of the stairs.

Edited by mlkl0528