Part 8: Love and Hate; Trust and Betrayal

♥♥♥~~~~~~~♥♥♥~~~~~~~♥♥♥~~~~~~~♥♥♥~~~~~~~♥♥♥

It's a palace. A royal palace! I bet it's even more elegant inside.

"Well, I expected this much"

"Sir, they are all waiting for you"

Prince got out as soon as the door was opened. The guard offered me his hand to help me out. I was going to accept, but Prince slapped it away.

"We're fine"

Prince got my hand and pulled me out.

"Ouch! H-hey! What are you doing? Are you going to break my arm Prince?!!!"

I saw Prince glaring at him.

"I-I'm sorry Sir Prince! I got used to helping out your partner each year", the guard explained himself.

"Hey. You're being mean! Don't look at him like that! You're scaring him!"

"I did not!"

"You did!"

"I didn't! Why would I do that?"

"....."

"It's just your imagination. Let's go"

He placed my hand on his arm and we walked in.

The other guards opened the huge door. The lights from inside blinded me for a second. When my eyes have adjusted, I saw glittering chandeliers, exquisite, scarlet curtains on every windows, and that we're actually stepping on a red carpet!!

"Prince has arrived!"

All of the attendees' attentions were fixed on us. Their masks have their own unique designs that are very attractive to look at.

(Like a Masquerade Ba——wait...masks? MASKS?!! why are they wearing masks?!!)

As we descended the stairs, we kept on whispering at each other. 

"What do you mean by that??!!! You scum!!! This is absurd!!!"

"Well, you're right. This is a masquerade ball, but I purposely didn't made you wear a mask"

"WHY NOT??!!"

As soon as a man with mustache, wearing a black mask approached us, our whispered conversation ended.

"Prince! How glad we are to see you. Welcome!"

"I'm very honored to be here"

"Seems like you brought another beauty, Prince. But, she doesn't wear a mask. Mask represents royalty in this ball"

The guy observed me with a sharp glare behind his mask and a forged smile.

"Where's your mask milady?"

I stammered to his question.

(What will I answer?!!!)

"Well, I didn't made her wear one purposely"

"You didn't Prince?"

"Because the mask will hide this captivating beauty, don't you think so too?"

(Wh?!! What are you saying??!! Ughhh! I can feel death glares everywhere!!)

"T-that's true. Well then Prince, Can I...um...talk about my proposal?"

"Oh sure"

Prince pulled me close and warned as soft as he could, "Don't get involve with anybody. You're in the world of snakes"