06

Outfit on the right is Amanda's, the one on the left is Rowena's

If Looks Could Kill - Chapter 6

Amanda Scott

I stared in awe at my older cousin, who had just strutted out of her bedroom. Zoe followed shortly afterwards, a look of satisfaction on her face. Rowena looked like she never had before, surprisingly radiant and provocative. Her hair was curled, her body con dress fitting to all her curves, shining cream-colored pumps on her feet.

She honestly portrayed a super model.

I consciously tugged on my pleated skirt, my confidence withering.

"Look at her Mands! She's gorgeous isn't she?" Zoe squealed in excitement, running over to me a holding my arm for mock support.

"Yeah, you look amazing Row," I truthfully stated, sending a smile her way.

The doorbell rang as if on cue. Zoe went to get the door, seemingly bouncing off the walls.

"To be honest, Amanda, you look like a slut."

I stared at Rowena again, but this time not for a good reason. I just complimented her, and she has to insult me in return, pathetic.

"If this is about Joe, then let me tell you, he likes me, not you," for the first time, ever, I was feeing intimidated by her.

"Oh sweetie, he won't for long."

I gaped at her in uttermost confusion, just as Joe, Caspar and Alfie walked into the room, Zoë following close behind them.

"Everything ok ladies?" I could sense Joe's discomfort as Rowena and I stared each other down in loathsome.

I turned my attention from Rowena to the beautiful boy to the side of me, looking as perfect as ever. Joe smiled down at me shyly, grabbing my hands and bringing them to his lips.

"You look great Mands, I think it'll be hard for me to keep my hands off you," Joe whispered in my ear, making me giggle lightly.

"You don't look too bad yourself mister."

I stared over Joe's shoulder at Rowena, and may I say, if looks could kill, I would have been stabbed three times in the chest, run over by a truck and thrown off a cliff into a perilous river of piranhas.

I smirked triumphantly and leaned up to kiss Joe's cheek. He smiled down at me and took my hand in his, leading me towards the door.

"Are we gonna party, or are we gonna party?!" Caspar yelled, making us all break out in fits of laughter.

Everyone but Rowena, who was staring down at her feet.

+

Sweaty bodies ground up against each other, the temperature of the room seemingly going up by 100 degrees. I looked over at four girls sitting at bar stools, tilting their heads back and drowning shots of tequila. I averted my attention over to Joe, who was laughing loudly at something Caspar was saying, Rowena mischievously sitting beside him in the booth we reserved.

I made my way over to the couple and a half and slid into the booth, on the right side of Joe.

"Ah, there she is!"

Joe drunkenly slung an arm over my shoulder his other hand cupping the side of my face, his lips sliding against mine sloppily. I kissed him back slowly, but pulled away as the hand that he had around my shoulder crept downwards and situated itself between my thighs.

"Joe, that's enough," I hurried, pulling his hand away from in-between my legs.

"Ah babe, don't be such a wuss."

Joe leaned in for another kiss but I was too quick, and standing up out next to the booth.

"Joe, stop it."

"Alright, alright. Party pooper."

Joe and Caspar in their drunken minds found that utterly hilarious, roaring out fits of laughter as Alfie came back with two pints.

"Last round of the night boys."

Joe grinned at the beer and grabbed the handle, taking a large gulp, a dribble of the alcohol travelling down his chin and wetting his button up shirt.

"Babe why don't we make out a little, be my little slut," Joe suggested, grabbing my hand and pulling me raggedly towards him.

I was appalled by his behavior, and pulled my hand away briskly.

"Don't talk to me like that, go find another slut to mess around with."

Joe grinned at me and shrugged, turning his body to the side and cupping Rowena's cheeks in his warm hands. My world went in slow motion as his lips captured hers in a heated kiss, and she kissed right back, gladly.

I guess she was right.

I shook my head in disgust and grabbed my purse from the booth, trudging angrily through the people and out the front doors of the nightclub. My ears were ringing loudly, the silence of the street a great contrast to the noisiness inside the club.

"Looking for a taxi, miss?"

I glanced over to my left and saw a young guy, with brown swooping hair, tousled perfectly, and cute brown eyes. He bit down on his bottom lip, his hands sliding into the pockets of his black jeans.

"Uh, yeah, are you?"

"Yeah. You can say my night didn't exactly go to plan."

"I know what you mean," I scoffed, combing my hand though my brown hair and setting it back down by my side.

"Say, why don't we get some late night coffee, I'd like to know how your night could've possibly been worse than mine," the stranger teased, pointing a thumb into the direction of the small café on the corner of the street we were on.

"I'd be delighted, young sir."

a/n

sorry for suuuuch a late update, I want to start updating more often so :D

I wanted the cute stranger to be Daniel Howell, my absolute favourite human being, but then I came to the conclusion that he's too awkward for any of that so he isn't :(

Thoughts on this chapter? + please vote!