02

Surprise Greeting - Chapter 2

Amanda Scott

"Well you don't look four years old." I said to Zoë's younger brother as I pushed open my bedroom door.

"That's because I'm not." he chuckled, shaking his head jokingly.

I smiled before sitting down on my bed and patting the spot next to me. He comes over to the bed and sits down, intertwining his fingers in his lap and looking around the room awkwardly.

"I was just watching some YouTube videos." I blurt out, opening my MacBook again and moving the cursor over to 'play'.

"Oh I love YouTube." he states, looking over my shoulder at the screen.

I press 'play' and his eyes suddenly widen, his mouth gaping the slightest bit.

"ThatcherJoe huh?" he asks, as we watch Joe Sugg introduce the video.

"Yes, he's my favourite so far. he's cute too." I giggle, my cheeks heating up the slightest bit.

Suddenly Zoë's brother takes the laptop from me and holds it up to his face, pausing the video. I stare at him for a second, utterly confused, before I see the resemblance between both Joe Sugg and Zoë's brother.

"Oh my gosh, you're Joe Sugg?" I asked, suddenly feeling embarrassed that I had called him cute right to him.

"The one and only." Joe said, laughing at my reddened cheeks.

"Don't worry, I think you're pretty cute too." Joe winked at me, making me groan.

"Stoooop, I seriously can't stand blushing anymore!" I complain, cupping my heated cheeks in my hands.

Joe laughed, closing his eyes and holding his toned stomach. Oh I've seen him shirtless in his videos and its heavenly.

I pouted and shuffled away from him, taking my MacBook with me.

"Hey-" before Joe could finish, Rowena barges in, this time without knocking.

"Dinner's ready younglings."

Besides Rowena's rude and arrogant personality, I've also gathered she's unaware of how old I am. I'm 21, a capable and financially-secure adult (well kind of). She's 24, only three years older which in my eyes is nothing at this age.

+ + +

I sat opposite Joe at the 8 seated glass dining table, my head hung low as I observed my food.

From the week I'd lived here with Rowena, I'd rank her a pretty good cook. She'd cooked the five of us a traditional Sunday roast, with roasted potatoes and a side of dressed spinach leaves. I despised spinach, but i wasn't going to tell her that.

"This is lovely Row." Zoë complimented Rowena's cooking, chewing on a piece of meat.

"Delightful." Louise added, both of them breaking the awkward silence that the table seemed to be caught in.

"Thanks guys." Rowena nodded at them, sending them a smile.

"It's great." Joe nodded at Rowena, adding to the list of compliments her meal has received.

"Thanks Joe." Rowena giggled, her cheeks heating up, which startled me.

Does she like Joe?

I felt eyes burning into the top of my head as i heaved a fork of potato into my mouth, making me look up.

"Enjoying the meal Amanda?" Rowena almost spat at me, from her place next to Joe.