Roomie

I was sitting in my car outside Marks house beating the horn because he was taking his time until I saw him come out with his suitcase.
"Dude you ready for college, parties and chicks" he shouted getting in the car after putting his suitcase in the trunk.
"Only you would say something like that but yea" I replied
"Dude I can't wait to bug you the next few years because you can't swap rooms"he said with an evil laugh
"Well I'm not looking forward to it" I said laughing as well
When we got there we were greeted by a young perky girl.
"Hey I'm Alice I'll be your tour guide today" she said with a huge smile on her
"Hi I Derek Shepherd and this is Mark Sloan"
"Hi there Alice nice to meet you" Mark said shaking her hand trying to be nice but I knew what he was getting at.
We went through a tour of the college and our last stop was the dorms. The thing that made this college different from the rest was that they were mixed dorms and they all were for each major so mine and Mark's was the anatomy/science dorm. After Alice told everyone where they would stay it came down to me and Mark.
"So it says here that you guys were sharing a dorm room but that's been changed......Mark you will be in room 103 with Owen Hunt and Derek 104 with Meredith Grey" she said handing us keys
"Oh dude you got a girl"
"Mark I'm not you I'm going to be a gentleman" I said patting his shoulder and moving to the front of my door which unfortunately was right across from Mark.
When I walked in the door there was a girl sitting at a desk looking at a lot of medical and surgical posters. The girl was watching what looked like a whipple and not just any whipple it was the grey method I loved watching Ellis Greys surgeries. I wonder if there related.
"Hey there it looks like I'll be your roommate for a few years" I said placing my suitcase and boxes next to the empty part of the room.
"Hey I'm Meredith and you are."
"I'm Derek.....I see that your watching a whipple"
"Yes the Grey method I've studied it for a while"
"Well I've done many reports on Ellis Grey she's an amazing surgeon and if you don't mind me asking are you two related" I asked sitting down at my desk.
She looked up and stared at the wall for a moment then turned to me.
"Yes she's my mom" she said looking a bit upset.
"I'm sorry I'll shut up"
"It's ok it's just I don't have much of a connection with parents.......so what about you what's your background?"
"Well I lived in Maine and moved here in the 6th grade. I have 4 sisters and my father died just before high school. what about you?"
"Well my dad walked out on me and my mom when I was either 4 or 5 and made his own little family he has 2 daughters and I'm really close to one. She's a senior in high school. I lived in Seattle until I was six then moved to Boston until I moved back my first year of high school"
"Well it's nice to meet you Meredith"
"You too Derek"
She turned around to continue watching as I sat and stared out the window. I know I just met her but I think I'm falling for her.
Meredith's POV
After I finished talking to my new roommate I stared at my computer screen again but I wasn't paying any attention to what my mother was doing I was thinking about I was falling for my roommate the same roommate I met thirty minutes ago.
🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠
NEW STORY,NEW STORY,NEW STORY,NEW STORY
Hope you enjoyed my first chapter of the new story since I'm going to be ending one of my stories soon I thought I would start this because it's been an idea of mine for a while. so tell me what you guys think.👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻