Beggining of my story.

Most people say "It hasn't always been this way."
But for me, Rose Alda, it has.
My life has never been easy, my father left me and my mom the day I was born, I've never really seen him, I've only heard the story that my mother used to tell me.
Me and my mom lived alone, barley getting by with the money we had, we almost lost our house. There were times we almost starved, but we got through it.
When I was 5 my mom got a new boyfriend, I thought this was the beggining of a happy life. My mom seemed happy at first, but after a few months I started noticing the bruises on her. I tried asking why she kept getting bruises, me being little I didn't understand when she told me "Sometimes when you love someone you have to face the pain."
One day I came home from school and my grandparents were there. My moms boyfriend had hit her so hard she ended up in the hospital, she didn't make it. I was taken out of the house and forced to live with my grandparents. The first year or so was the most painful thing I've felt. As young as I was, I didn't want to go on without my mom. Obviously I did, I was too young to take my own life, but oh how I thought about it.
For years things didn't change. They didn't get any better, but they didn't get any worse. I didn't have many friends at school, my grandparents didn't pay much attention to me. I was getting older and waiting for things to get better. I didn't think they ever would.