A1. Sit

What you will need:
-treats
-clicker (optional)

Step 1) Get a treat and get your dog's attention. When he sees the treat, hold it at his eye level and lure the treat over his head. Once his bottom touches the floor, click and treat.

Step 2) To fade out the lure, lure your dog into position with no treat in your hand. If he sits down, click and treat. Begin to turn your luring into a hand gesture.

Step 3) Before you do your hand gesture or lure your dog into a sit say the cue word 'sit' and signal him to sit. Repeat this 10+ times before just saying the cue word. If you dog obeys, click, praise, and jackpot. It will be a good time to end the session here.

Step 4) Once your dog can sit can on command, you can begin adding the three D's (Distance, Distraction, and Duration).
--

Tip!
Mix up the level of difficulty to encourage your dog.

BUILD ON IT!
After learning 'sit', teach your dog how to 'sit pretty/beg'

VOCABULARY~
• jackpot- term most trainers use when a dog has done a trick much better than before or has a break through.

----

Feel free to ask questions if your having trouble. I'll answer you and add it in the trouble shooting section. :)

New tricks every Wednesday or earlier!