Chapter 6

My uncle just happened to be the principal this year at a school called pike preparatory academy and its for seniors who need to graduate on time. But since he was my uncle I was accepted to come in as a junior in high school , it was so stressful being pregnant and doing my junior and senior year in the same year. I was almost done and had two classes left.

Couple days later I went in for a prenatal check up. And my blood pressure was too high and my baby wasn't moving as much. So they hooked me to the fetal monitor , and blood pressure monitor and everything wasn't looking so good. So the doctor came in the room and said we have to induce you today....

I felt a series of emotions come over me , as the thought of having to push a baby came to my mind. They took me to the delivery room hooked me up too medications that induce your contractions.

It had been a couple hours later and it was time for me to get my pain medication and then I bent over for the epidural to go in my back and as soon as I did that my water broke, and it came a greenish color my baby boobed in the sack. So another day went past and then I started feeling really strong contractions , unbearable pain. I started screaming and the doctor came running in, changing gloves....

I started pushing , and I could feel his head , then she said "Stop Pushing!"

So I stopped but my contractions were coming even stronger now. So when she came back she told me to start pushing again, and about a hour later he came out. I could not hold my baby they had to get the booboo that he swallowed out of his throat and I had noticed that his head was very oddly shaped which I know is normal for new babies but this didn't look right. And he had a mark on his forehead.

So they took him to the NICU for the night and I would see him first thing in the morning. 

The next morning rolls around and they take me to go see my son, he was adorable. I remembered back to when I was pregnant that I didn't know how I would feel when I gave birth to him. If I should feel happy, sad, or embarrassed. 

They take me to the post-delivery room. And I'm waiting for him to come in. 

Then the nurse comes in. She walks up to me and informs me that my son has been having seizures and that they needed to get him to Riley Hospital to get a MRI done ASAP. "Do you want to see baby Jeremiah before he is transported over there?" she asked. 

"Of course I do!" I blurted out to her.  With my baby in a incubator another nurse wheels him in and my heart instantly broke and I just began crying. I asked her so what does this mean.... And her answer I didn't think that it would be such a life changing event.