Chapter 7

So while they transported my baby to Riley hospital and I couldn't leave my post delivery room because they were constantly checking up on me. All they had given me was a picture of my baby... 😕

I had one more day to go then I would be able to go over and see him.

That night all I did was cry my boyfriend/ baby daddy , he came and sat on the bed with me he put the picture of our son between us and said bow your head. And we prayed over Jeremiah and I instantly felt better when I sat back up in my bed.

I was scrolling on my phone as I scrolled past the verse that I named Jeremiah after, understanding finally hit me. I never knew why this same verse came to me my whole pregnancy no matter where I was at or what situation I was going through. People would give gifts and it would have a scripture on it, or I would go to church and the preacher included this scripture in his sermon, or why my due date was on the 29th. Or why my sister gave me a list of names and Jeremiah was the first on it. 

Jeremiah 29:11-  For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 

I knew then that this had all been in Gods plan for me as a mother, Anthony as a father, and Jeremiah as our result. 

The next day I wanted to go to Riley immediately . I had to be pushed in a wheel chair because I couldn't walk and I  was still hurting. We made it to Riley and made it to our sons room all I could do was cry. He was laying there sleep. He was so beautiful and I couldn't believe this was my baby.

"Are you guys mom and dad? "

"Yes we are!" Anthony answered. 

"Okay well I do have news for you guys. First we tried to give him a MRI to see what is causing his seizures. And while he was in the machine he had a seizure so we didn't get very accurate results. Well have to wait until he goes a full 24 hours seizure-free until we give him another. 

She showed us pictures from the MRI that she had gotten so far and there were lots of blue spots on his brain.

"What does the blue indicate? " I asked worried.

"That is the damage that is on his brain and the black is the fluid on his brain. But since this wasn't an accurate test I wouldn't worry too much about this. 

The next MRI..

I was nervous and anxious to see how things turned out this time around. He did good and didn't have any seizures this time. So I expected the results to be so much better and I was so happy.

The doctor came in with the pictures and when she showed us the pictures , when I say my heart dropped and I couldn't do anything but cry.

The picture had more blue than ever it was like his whole brain was damaged . And where there wasn't blue it was black. I was hurt, and most of all confused and worried for my baby. 

She explained to me that he had two strokes on either sides of his brain and cerebral hemorrhage and that it could cause cerebral palsy in the future.