Chapter 5

I walk up the stairs and look out the door. There he is standing all the way at the bottom of them. I walk outside slowly and stare at him. When he finally spoke he said, "I came to see you again before it was hard to ever see you again." When he said that I was all kind of broken up inside. I would never forget what he said to me that day at that moment. After that he gets in his car and drives off.

I go back inside the house and down to my room and just cried.

I told my daddy what he said and he talked to my grandfather I guess and then later that day grandfather came to me and said you know I didn't say that. And of course everyone believed him because obviously he denied that saying.

But after that day and incident. I began to just distance myself. I told the rest of my family of course they didn't want to talk to me for a couple days. People were trying to convince me of open a adoption but I wasn't going for it. Once she realized she wasn't going to convince me to give my baby up for adoption, my auntie told me that she had someone at her school who had her baby at 13 years old that could talk to me to maybe cheer me up. 

Couple days later.

On the way to my auntie school I'm thinking random thoughts like what she going to say is my auntie going to be room? Like what?

I got there and we waited for her to show up and when she did we went to a room alone and talked it was beneficial but it wasn't the satisfaction that I was actually looking for. I went back into my aunties office while she was in there talking to the teacher. Then I thought about it... There's still one more person I didn't tell.

I pulled my phone out and dialed my granny's number.

Me and granny we were so close, we were like peanut butter and jelly, and she was the last person I wanted to hurt and be disappointed in me, so I was definitely dreading this call.

She answers..

"Hey Granny, you got a minute to talk?"
"Yeah wassup boo"
"Um I know you gonna be mad at me like everybody else is but I got to tell you that I'm 2-4 weeks pregnant."
*silence*
"What I'm gonna be mad for, when you think I had to momma?"

"When you grown of course"
"No , I was pregnant at 15 and had her at 16. It happens boo"
For the first time in this situation I didn't feel broken, unwanted or ashamed to be me. It's not necessarily that my family didn't want me but it's just that when you went out with them you could get this vibe that they almost didn't really want to be out in public with you.

Right then and there I knew me and granny would get even closer.