Chapter 4

Once we left my mommy's house, my daddy got a call on his phone from my grandma. "Hey what you doing?" she asked over the Bluetooth speaker in the car.  "Just leaving coco house, what you doing?" My daddy asked.  "Nothing just chilling out." 

"Oh okay well mariah has something to tell you." I looked at him like he was crazy, but in my head I was mugging him so bad. "Um Hey grandma, I found out I was 2-4 weeks pregnant today."

It was so hard telling my family I could tell that now because every time I told someone so far I would start to cry. I was not only letting everyone who thought so highly of me down but I was also letting myself down.  "Well, we can talk about it whenever I see you again."

"We are on our way now." My daddy said.

If looks could kill, we would have been on his way to funeral because I was sooo heated that he was so eager for everyone to know. He hadn't even let me cope with the fact I was gonna have a human being growing inside of me. 

"You know your going to have to tell your grandfather too right?" My daddy said.

"No I'm not" I said.

"You have too" My grandma said.

We get to grandmas and as I was walking in for some reason I didn't feel the same loving and warm surroundings I normally get when I come over, it was one of the major reasons why I loved to come over. 

Grandma always has this look about her when she's mad and she definitely had that look when I finally spotted her at the table looking at the newspaper. She looked stressed out as the lines in her face got deeper from being crinkled. I didn't even know what to say, neither did she. I believe that she just wanted to see me. That's it...

*Garage door opens and in walks my grandfather*

*everybody stares at him and then at me*

"What's going on ?" My grandfather questioned with one eyebrow so far up it touched his forehead from confusion. 
"Mariah has something to tell you" My daddy and grandma say simultaneously.

I made a deep breath. Because I just knew that it would be a breeze because I never had seen grandfather get mad at rarely anything, in fact I've never seen him mad. As we walk to the middle room I sit down on the bed and he stands up. I just came out and said I went to the doctor today and they told me that I was 2-4 weeks pregnant.

He turns around with his hands on his head and hits the door. Then he yells a little he leaves the room and goes to the bathroom across the hall slams the door closed. Comes back out and goes out to his car and takes off.

My grandma and daddy both run back instantly. It sorta scared me because its almost like they thought he did something to me. I go outside to the car crying. We finally arrive at home and I go into the house and text my friend Brenda. I ask her is she able to go to the park for a minute to talk. On my way up there I couldn't stop crying so when I got up there she hugs me and I instantly spilled out what happened. 

I wasn't looking for any words of encouragement right now only a shoulder to cry on and a ear to listen... 

*phone rings*

"Hello" I answered with a shaky voice.
"Mariah, grandfather said he is on his way over to talk to you." my daddy blurted through the phone. I roll my eyes and begin walking back home.

I wondered what he wanted, I also wondered if I would ever even feel comfortable around him ever again. I always seen my grandfather as this soft and caring person and after what i had seen, then I didnt know if I wanted to be around him and especially while pregnant. I tried to push those thoughts to the back of my head and replace them with good ones. 

Maybe he is coming to apologize I thought to myself. 

When I got there I went into my room then the doorbell rang and my stepmom answered the door....