Chapter 8

We went back to my sons room. I laid down and was just thinking. And then the doctor came in she had been looking for me. "Hey mom I want you to observe this and make a decision." she said.

She went up to my son, this was my first time today seeing his face because he was sleep on his stomach and his head was turned the other way. But when I seen his face I remember seeing his head really big and his forehead was really mushy like it was just tons of fluid in it. His head looked swollen. "Mom, you see how mushy his forehead is? " she asked. I just looked at her because I think she thought I was stupid. But I pushed that to the back of my mind because I was here for my sons sake. "Yes" I said nonchalantly. "Well that's the fluid and we have a surgery lined up for it. We will be inserting a VP programmable shunt inside his head to help drain the fluid." she said. 

"Okay so how long will he have to use that? and will he need another surgery to get it removed?" I asked.

"Well young lady, This surgery is permanent, the shunt is never removed, he will have this the rest of his life. " She said. I could feel my heart breaking all over again as a single tear shed from my eye. Anthony swiped it away and we agreed, anything that would help our baby to get better. 

Surgery day...

When it was game time, me and my family all got ready to send him off. They had my baby in another incubator, his eyes swollen shut and head swelling up and a big bruise on the forehead from the doctor telling me to stop pushing which was causing his head to crush as he was in the birth canal. That's what hurt the most, knowing that all this trouble we were going through was the doctors fault, they didn't deliver my baby the correct way and now he was suffering from there mistakes. 

During delivery, they kept telling me I wasnt ready to push but jeremiah's head being crushed told us other wise. As they kept leaving the room I later found out that they were attending a party at the same time.

Fading out of my thoughts after I realized I could not change the past and my next move was how was I going to get justice for him in the future. 

 He was taken down to the surgery room and we were taken down to the recovery waiting room. For the two hours I waited down there I was so nervous , and then the doctor came back and said that he recovered and he woke up. 

We had to wait until they took him back to the room in order to see him. 

That's exactly what I did... I waited. 😏😩🙏🏾