Chapter 3

As we walked in the house I knew my daddy could not hold water. So I know that it was time for me to put my big girl panties on and face everything that was getting ready to come my way.  We walked into the family room which my step mom had been sitting in, we sat down at the opposite couch and she looked at us and paused her TV show asking what's wrong? My daddy began by saying, "Mariah made the wrong choice and she think she might be pregnant.

My step mom just sat there in awe, kinda like she was about to cry but also a look of disappointment.  "Well did you get a test?"she asked. 

"Yeah we did, now what we do?" My daddy asked. "Well first wait until tomorrow morning, when the hormones are strong, and if it says you are, we are going to confirm it at the hospital.." "Okay" I finally spoke out.

I went to my room and drifted off to sleep.

Next morning

There was a knock on my door at 6 am and sure enough I knew it would be my dad because I was just like him and when something was weighing heavy on me then I had to solve it immediately and that's just what was happening with my dad in this situation. 

"Go ahead and take the test and come let me know the results."

I walked into the restroom with the box and pulled out the white stick. And did my businesses. It took like 20 seconds for the results to pop up, and for sure I was pregnant unless the test was inaccurate. I went upstairs and told my daddy that it was a positive pregnancy test, and he said okay well go ahead and get dressed and we going to go to the ER to confirm. I nodded my head and went on to take a shower and got dressed.

Once I was all ready then me, my brothers, and my daddy headed to the ER. Once we got there, they placed us in this room while we waited and my little brothers waited outside. When the doctor came in she instructed me to put my urine in a cup, so I did. Then she drew some of my blood and left the room for about 20-25 minutes. When she came back she looked at me and said "You are pregnant". I looked at my daddy from the corner of my eye, scared to look him in the face. 

He just had a emotionless face, which means I knew he was holding back tears and anger. In order to see how far along I was they were gonna give me an ultrasound. So as she went and set that up we waited once again in the room. My phone began vibrating it was mommy. I got scared... I couldn't tell my mommy, she was going to be crushed..

"Hello?" I answered into the phone with so much regret in my voice. "Hey baby what you doing?"she said happily. "At the doctors", it almost felt like we were in a movie going back and forth at how i was contemplating how I was about to tell this woman I was pregnant. 

"Oh okay, what you just getting a check up?" She questioned with impatience in her voice from my short answers. "No".. "Sooo what you at the doctor for?" at this point you could tell she was like girl come on in her head. "Well they just confirmed I was pregnant I don't know how far along yet."

Silence....

Then sniffling. "You said what?"

My dad asked to speak to her and assured her that he was going to bring me over there after we left the doctor.

"Okay" she said.

The doctor came back in by that time telling us to follow her to the ultrasound room. Once there I went in alone while my dad stayed outside. When they began the ultrasound, I didn't see anything. The doctor told me that I was probably around 2-4 weeks. With that we left the hospital and was on our way to my mommy's. When we showed up my mommy was standing in the door way, I went up there and she gave me a hug. "I love you Mariah, just know I'm disappointed but you my baby and I'm gonna have to get over it, that's gonna be my grandchild and I'm gonna be a grandma. But it's all okay. " 

Vote after each chapter please! :)