Chapter Ten

Hi everyone! How are you all doing?

Here's chapter ten :)

Enjoy!

-:-:-:-

Chapter Ten

For a while, he continues to stare at the pictures. He looks as if he's trying to gather the words, or maybe he's just trying to progress everything.

Then finally, he says something. "What the hell is this?"

I shake my head. "I don't know."

"Why didn't you tell me when you got this?"

I knew this was coming. "I don't know," I repeat. "You were already going to work, and I had to go to work, and then the day went by and I got some time to think about it."

"And you decided not to tell me?" he asks, looking hurt. "What made you think I didn't wanna know about this?"

Closing my eyes, I sigh and shake my head. "I didn't want you to worry this much."

"What, and you thought you could just continue to not tell me until it exploded in your face?"

"Louis, please –"

He throws the pictures onto the couch and shoots up, turning his back to me. "This is sick."

"I also got an email at work yesterday."

He spins around. "There's more?!"

"Don't shout, you'll wake up Ruby."

"Is this really what you're thinking about right now? Are you fucking kidding me?" He's acting much angrier than I'd expected him to act, but I know he's not really angry at me directly – he's angry at the fact this is happening. At least I hope he's not angry at me.

"Louis, just calm down. We'll solve this."

"Calm down? Calm down?" His panic consists more of anger than I'd expected. "This isn't just some teenager in need of attention, Flora! This is- this is fucking sick!"

"I know!" I snap, jumping up as well. "You don't need to shout to me about it!"

He groans, dragging his hand down his face. My shouting seems to have done something, since he's calming down and he sits down on the couch. His anger has been replaced with hopelessness of some kind.

"I'm sorry," he says. "I just- what are we gonna do?" When he looks up at me, I can see a deep frown on his face.

I sigh. "Like you said, this isn't some fan who's trying to get you to notice them. There were no fingerprints on the envelope or the pictures, no reflections in any of the pictures, nothing that could indicate who this person is."

He laughs under his breath, shaking his head. "Of course you investigated."

"I only found out this isn't just some random person trying to intimidate us."

"We have to call the police."

I immediately shake my head – I hadn't even thought of calling the police because I don't really think it's an option. "We can't."

He frowns. "What do you mean we can't?"

"Because if we call the police, they'll either downplay it or actually react – either way, word will come out and the whole world will know what is happening and I don't want that."

"Can't we ask them to keep it under wraps?"

"I don't even know if they'll actually do something, Louis. You're a celebrity."