Chapter One

Hello lovelies :) I'm sorry for making you wait this long but I had this huge writer's block... Sorry! Thanks for sticking with the story anyway :)

Also, I wanted to thank my good friend for giving me lots and lots of ideas for the story. I've dedicated this chapter to you :)

One last thing before you start reading: what do you think of the new cover?

I hope you'll like the first chapter :)

Enjoy!

-:-:-:-

Chapter One

Flora's POV

 My eyes shoot open as I sharply draw in a breath. I can feel my heart pounding through my chest – so hard it’s almost as if I’m actually working out, which can’t be true because I’m in bed.

 Bed.

 Looking aside, I realise that Louis is there as well, and suddenly I’m glad I didn't wake him by sitting up. He looks so peaceful asleep, with a small smile on his face and his eyes closed, like there's nothing to worry about.

 Taking deep breaths, I try to calm myself down as I think of what just happened, which is difficult, considering I can’t remember what happened. It’s very strange – I have this bad feeling about it but I can’t remember why.

 Staying as silent as I can, I climb out of bed and head downstairs, knowing that I won’t be able to fall asleep for some time. This isn’t the first time this has happened. However, it is the first time that I can’t seem to shake off the bad feeling.

 I stand there in front of the sink, frozen, for some time. I don’t know how long, I just know that I was there. I feel like punching something right now, just to get rid of the feeling. It's... unpleasant.

 “You okay?”

 I jump and spin around, seeing Louis standing a few meters away from me. “Fine,” I reply almost immediately. “I’m fine.”

 A small and tired smile appears on Louis’s face. “You should know that when you say you're ‘fine’, I know something’s going on.”

 I smile as well, looking down. “I uh… it’s nothing.”

 “Sure it is,” he says, slowly walking towards me with open arms.

 “You look like a zombie,” I remark, smiling at him.

 “A zombie that’s about to hug you instead of eating your brains out?”

 “A bit of both,” I say as he wraps his arms around me.

 It feels comforting, having his arms around me, but despite that, I can feel myself trembling. “What’s going on?” he softly asks me, “Did you have another nightmare?”

 "I don’t know,” I reply honestly. I really don’t. I can’t remember having any nightmares tonight – the only thing I do know is that I have a very bad feeling and that I still feel like crying.

 “You don’t know?”

 I sigh. “I can’t- I can’t remember.”

 “But you think you did, right?” he asks after a short silence, as if he had to overthink his words before speaking them out loud.

 “I think so.”

 He lets go of me, holding me at an arm’s distance. "There's something else," he concludes after a second, having studied my expression.