Chapter Two

Hi guys! Quick update, eh? AND this chapter is a bit longer than usual! YAY!

I hope you like this chapter :)

Enjoy!

-:-:-:-

Chapter Two

Flora's POV

 I look out of the window, watching the houses as we drive by, but not really seeing them. My thoughts keep roaming in my head.

 I bought a pregnancy test.

 A few days ago, I started to get morning sicknesses. It wasn’t like that every day, but once in a while I felt like puking as soon as I opened my eyes. I haven’t gotten my period for quite some time, either – I know that can happen sometimes, and it I know that it does happen to me, but never this long.

 So this afternoon, while Louis was picking up Ruby, I went to the drug store and bought three pregnancy tests. I then decided that I would take them after dinner, maybe even tomorrow morning.

 Bad decision.

 It’s almost impossible to hide my curiosity, and I know that Louis can almost always read me like an open book. He had to notice something. But if he has noticed something, he’s keeping it to himself right now.

 When the car comes to a stop, I snap out of my thoughts and unfasten my seatbelt, stepping out of the car afterwards. Ruby is already running towards the front door – I guess she’s really excited to see her uncles again. “You wanna ring the doorbell, sweetie?” I ask her and she nods enthusiastically.

 I lift her up high enough so that she can reach the doorbell. She continues to press it until someone finally opens the door. That someone turns out to be Harry.

 “Ruby!” he exclaims as soon as he sees her, “How is my favourite niece?”

 “Good!” she replies as Harry takes her in his arms.

 “Awesome,” he says with a smile, kissing her cheek. “Hey,” he then whispers, “Alexander and Noah are inside. I bet they could use another warrior to fight their enemies.”

 Her eyes widen in excitement – she always has imaginary wars with Alexander and Noah. It’s kind of their thing. “Can I go?” she asks, looking at me.

 I smile at her and nod, “Of course, sweetie.”

 “Yay!” she cheers, running inside as soon as Harry sets her down on the ground.

 “Hey guys,” he greets us, hugging both Louis and me. “Ruby seems quite excited.”

 “Isn’t she always?” Louis says, smiling.

 “Has she been keeping you awake?” Harry asks, “You guys look kind of tired.”

 Louis chuckles and puts an arm around me, “If something’s been keeping us awake, it sure as hell isn’t Ruby.”

 Harry laughs at this. “Come on in,” he tells us, “You’re the last ones to arrive.”

 “Told you we’d be late,” Louis mumbles in a mocking tone. I just smile and roll my eyes, taking his arm off my shoulder and entwining our fingers instead as we follow Harry into the living room.

 Just like he told us, everyone was there already – Kira, who is Harry’s girlfriend, Liam and his wife Lauren, Niall and his fiancée Sophie and Zayn and his wife Perrie with their kids, Alexander and Noah. As soon as Louis and I enter the room, everyone stands up and greets and hugs us. It’s been a long time since we all got together at once – it’s something that doesn’t happen very often.