Chapter 4

I woke up, the house was very silent. Dad told me yesterday he would bring Hanna to daycare before he went to work. Thank God. So I have more time to get dressed and trying to make an good impression on my first school day.

I got in a pair of black jeans and a loose top with a  floral print. I brushed my hair quickly noticing I spent too much time on finding the right outfit. 

My brown wavy hair wasn't into being nice today at all. I sighed frustrated and flat ironed as much as possible of my hair as I could in ten minutes. 

I got my schoolbag and huried downstairs. Realising it would've been smart if I checked the bus times before. I stuffed a muesli bar in my mouth and got in my jacket.

''So now I'm ready'' I told myself looking in the miror. Just when I was about to open the door and about to get out I remebered I had to brush my teeth. 

''Crap'' I scolded. And rushed upstiars to rapidly brush my teeth. I gave myself a quick glance in the miror and headed outside. 

7.45 my phone told me. 30 minutes to get to school in time. I looked at my phone and quickly put it back in my pocket. It was the ugliest phone ever. But I lost my Iphone while moving so I had to do with this one now.

Yesterday I tried to look up the directions to the school at the internet. So I had a little idea of how to get there. And i hoped I will see some other students walk to school and follow them since there isn't another high school in town.

So I started walking. After a few minutes a car slowed down next to me. The driver's window went down and I saw Ben smiling to me. 

''Hey neighbour I guess you're going to school?''

'' Hey Ben, yes I am'' I smiled to him.

''And I see you're going by foot? What time do you want to get there?'' 

''I hope in time?'' I asked.

''Get in, I'll give you a ride'' He smiled a beautiful smile reaching to his eyes.

''Oh no problem I'm fine with walking'' Why not accepting his offer? I asked myself a second after my reply.

''Come on Maddelyn walking is like half an hour and I guess you don't know how to get there you won't make it, and you don't want to be late on your first day.''

I sighed. '' Okay you have a point, thanks very very much.''

I got in the passenger seat and fastened my seatbelt.

None of us said a word for a while ''well tell me what's the school like?'' I asked breaking the silence.

''Well I guess like every other high school, not too big but also not very small. We have some clubs you can join if you're interested into spending more time in the school then neccesary'' He laughed. 

I laughed. '' No thank you, but can you show me where the new people have to go? I had to be at an office to get my scheduel and all.''

''Ah ofcourse that must be Mrs. Jefferson's Office. No problem, but just try to make a good impression on her. If she likes you, you can do as many bad things as you want if not you're screwed.''

'' Well thank you'' And then we arrived. Ben parked his car and we got out. The parking lot was being filled with cars and students.

'' Thank you again for the ride '' I said smiling.

'' Well ofcourse everything for a girl in need.'' He side his dimples showing.

We walked into the school and the hallways were filled with people. When we got in a guy walked towards Ben and they greeted in a ' boyish ' way.