1.0 » Dance Break

Caspar's POV

I just held him as he cried. At one point, I gave in. There was many tears. Every time he spoke, he hugged me tighter. I never let him out of my arms. I wish I could be there for him in a non platonic way. He deserves someone that will cuddle him to death. He deserves to be held until he feels okay. He deserves a girlfriend. But for now, he only has me, his platonic best friend.

He needed to feel safe. I was going to protect him. I wasn't going to let anything happen to him, even if it killed me to cuddle him and know that we'd never be able to do this in a way that wasn't just friends.

I try to block out the bad things in life. But sometimes, it's just too hard. I wish I can forget things. Delete them from my memory. But the world can't be perfect. I should be thankful. Thankful that I have Joe as a mate.

"You okay Joe?" I asked him, regaining my strength and holding back tears. He lets go of my waist. Instead of responding, he sits up and crosses him arms.

"Yeah. My dreams just get to me sometimes," he says. I remember something from when I first visited here. Speakers.

I take Joe's hand and lead him out of the bedroom. He tries to say something but I put a finger to his lips.

"Trust me," I say, rushing to the living room. As expected, Niomi and Zoe are talking quietly on the floor while Alfie and Marcus are on their phones.

"Niomi and Zoe, move the table to the side. Make sure it's touching the wall. Marcus and Alfie, move the couches to the side. I'll explain later," I command. Nobody objects. They all do as instructed.

Me and Joe set up the speakers. Joe had to plug them in while I linked them to my phone.

"What are we doing?" he asks me. I shush him. Does this boy understand I'll explain later? Jesus. I love him, but seriously.

"Done," the others say. I smile. I put on a song that we can all dance wildly to.

It's all about you (bout you)

It's all about you baby.

Me, Joe, Alfie and Marcus remember the dance moves. Zoe and Niomi stand back as we dance. Marcus grabs Niomi and starts dancing with her.

Zoe gets on Alfie's shoulders and they just dance. Me and Joe just sing the words and do some pointless dancing. We all needed a dance break. My mom once told me everything can be solved with a random dance break.

When the song ends, I put a slower song on.

When tomorrow comes

I'll be on my own.

Feeling frightened of the things

that I don't know.

Narcus and Zalfie start slow dancing. Before even thinking, I place my arms on Joe's waist and start swaying. He goes with it. He placed his arms around my neck.

Eventually, his face ends up on my shoulder. I can't help but smile.

I see Zoe look over and smile at me. She gives me a thumbs up. I giggle and smile back. I wish I could just kiss Joe right now. But I can't. I know he'll reject me.

"I love you Caspar," I hear him say. He's been saying that a lot recently. The song just had to stop then. At that moment, the song stopped.

"Can-can we all sleep in here tonight?" Joe asks. I walk over to disconnect my phone from the speaker. I smile and walk back over to Joe.

"Of course," we all say in unison. It's late. It's already 7:30 pm. I guess time does fly when you're having fun.

"I'll order pizza," I say and call my favourite pizza place.