In the Resteraunt

One typical afternoon, a not-so-typical couple entered a gourmet resteraunt for their first anniversary.

"So, honey, how many arrests did you make today?" Asked the husband, Bob.

"Oh,"Said the wife, Helen,"I made fifty. It's a small town you know. Still, it ain't easy being a cop." She lazily took a sip of the coffee set before her.

"Fifty?!" Bob jumped a little in his seat. "I should say I'd be scared knowing there's been fifty arrests in a town with a range no bigger than five miles? What did they do wrong? I'll have to testify for them later, I bet. It stinks being a lawyer. What did they do?"

"Oh, nothing." Said Helen. She stirred the coffee and watched the creamer spiral around in little swirls.

"Helen, how did you get that coffee, anyway? It's a gourmet resteraunt." Bob looked curiously at the mug, raising an eyebrow.

Helen smiled, but said nothing.

Bob hesitated,"Oh, you don't mean..."

"Yes." Said Helen.

"You....I can't believe you actually did it......Helen, I'm so.....so......HAPPY for you!"

"I know."

"You finally arrested them for nothing! I thought the day would never come!"

"Actually, I told the waitress I'd place her under arrest and poke her to death with a stick if she didn't behave."Helen held up a stick.

"What idiot got the bright idea to give you a stick?!"

"Aw don't worry, I got over my violent phase back in my sophomore year, remember?"

"Yeah, I remember, that was also the year you gave me fake spagetti when I didn't know it and I ATE it!"Bob folded his arms.

"Ahhh, good times." Said Helen. "I still remember putting that giant paper snake in your locker and you screamed like a girl....That was when I realized you were different."

"How?"

"You were the only one that fell for everything."She smiled at the memory of the whole incident.

"Even now."

"Now?!"

"Look under the table."

He looked under, but didn't see anything, and when Bob cane back up to tell his wife so, she was gone.

"I do fall for everything." He said, sitting back down. He glanced behind him. Not there.