Fading

He went through his life as any boy would, trying his best to fit in and conform to the ways of the world until he could find his own niche in his own world. He'd been taught that the world was meant to welcome you and preserve any dreams you had and that they would come true.

Dreams didn't come true easily the boy soon realized, and nor did too many people's dreams come true at all. This discouraged him for all he wanted were his imaginings to become realities. If he could dream big, he could do big.

As he grew up his dreams continued to grow with him and his imagination became wilder and more realistic. He was alive more than ever and the discouragement of all the people around him was not enough to bare. He still had room to spare and with that, he went on in life. The missing piece where he still had room to bare was wide open.

He grew and grew and he left what was dear to him to make his world around him even bigger. His smiles became wider as his dreams became brighter, and his finger tips were brushing all that he had only imagined about. He still felt the hole and it wasn't gaping quite yet, but if dreams did come true then he knew this one would too.

The world and all the people around him had taught him of the congenial size of the population, and that surely one out of the mass of all the others around him would be for him. He looked up to this lesson and he smiled whenever he thought about it, for it was a dream of his, a dream of any boy and surely it would come true.

Time went on and the hole was close to gaping, still the boy dreamed and still the world gleamed even in the midst of his heart that was racing. The population went on and on around him and no one stood out to him. He was himself and the world had also taught him that there would be a person that would overlook the things that one didn't like about themselves, and the boy held this dear with much fear. Fear for the time streaming past him and fear for the future no longer bright but glooming.

His heart didn't take to the gaping hole kindly and soon, his dreams became spindly. They caved in around him and his breaths became slower. He wanted the world to be right, but it was wrong. His world was no longer as dear as it had been around him, and everything he'd dreamed had disappeared. He no longer imagined the future, he no longer remembered the past. He only knew what was his now, and his now was no longer now.