Chapter 2

Jack's POV

I straightened out my bow tie and tried to smile. My mom's camera flashed and I blinked. I could see my mom wincing at the photo, but she still pretended to love it.

"Oh you look great honey! That girl will fall in love with you when she sees you!"

"I hope not," I mumbled under my breath. I tried to look happy as I got in the car and pushed the gas pedal. I waved to my mom as I drove off.

It took me a while to get to town. Now what restaurant am I going to? Oh yeah, the fancy one on the corner. I pulled up to the corner. Lots of parking. Huh. That was unusual for a Saturday night. I pushed open the door to see a girl with pink and blue dyed hair and a sparkling dress sitting at a table, arms folded neatly, smiling at me as I walked in the door.

"Oh, you must be Jackson Frost. Welcome." The waiter took me closer to the girl. Oh-no. Not that one. I knew her. She was the tooth obsessed girl who always taunted me in fifth grade. I really hope she doesn't recognize me.

"Jacky!!! It's been so long since I've seen you!" Sigh. I guess I was in for a long night.

"It's been a while, Tooth." That was what I used to call her.

"Oh, just call me Toothiana now. How've you been? What are you doing? What do you like to eat? What's your favorite color? Have you ever sprained your jaw? I have!" Oh god. I can't take this much longer.

"Oh look at the time! I better get going!" I pretended to look at he watch I didn't have, and got up from my seat and bounded to the door.

"Jacky? Where are you going? You just got here!" She ran up to me, grabbing my arm.

"No! Tooth, no! I don't like you! I don't like any girls! I'm gay!"

"Gay? But, Jacky..."

"No! No Jacky! I'm sorry Tooth I'm going home!" I walked out and got in my car. I could hear her crying as I drove off. I drove home with rage in my chest. I didn't even feel bad. I hated that girl. I needed to tell my mom my secret, no matter what she says. I need to tell her.

"Mom, we need to talk." My mom stood at the door, with a shocked expression on her face, that turned to puzzled.

"Honey, what happened? Why are you home so early?"

"I'll tell you what happened. You set me up with my least favorite person in fifth grade. I couldn't go out with her."

"Why is it so hard for you to go on dates? The last three girls you went out with you didn't go on a second date with. Why?"

"I'll tell you why. I can't like any of them mom. Don't you get it? I'm gay! I like guys!" Her mouth hung open. She dropped the pm she was holding. I watched her eyebrows go lower, and her mouth close and crack into a snarl.

"Jackson Frost! Do you mean to tell me that you've been gay this whole time?! You've been lying to me for years! I bet you're lying about your job too! This is unacceptable Jackson! Gay liars will not be tolerated in this household! Get out of this house! Get out!!!" I was stunned! My mom wanted me to leave? All because I was gay?! Why would she do this to me?

"Pack your things. I know exactly where you and I are going, mister."