Chapter 10

Jack's POV

It had been about ten minutes, and I still hadn't figured out anything. I guess the pen was something I'll have to figure out later.

"Hey Jack... can I come in?" Hiccup. I did not want to speak to him.

"No! I'm not talking to you." I really didn't want to let him in.

"Come on Jack... can I please just come into my own room..." I could feel myself giving in. It was pointless to try and resist any longer.

"Fine." I walked up to the door and unlocked it, but I looked away just as it opened and went back to my desk.

Hiccup's POV

"Jack, come on Jack," He continued to work on his invention. He didn't flinch. He didn't respond. It was making me really nervous.

"Jack. Please answer me." His head turned slightly, just enough that I could see a glint of hatred in his eyes.

"What do you want." He was sending daggers with his eyes. They went straight to my heart.

"Jack, I'm sorry. I really am."

"For what? I heard Bunnymund all the way from here. You did the right thing. That's what he said. You're the hero." He turned back to his invention, leaving me with only a memory of those rage-infected and intensified blue eyes.

"Jack, I don't believe a word he said. You had it, and I took it away. Please believe me Jack. Please."

Jack's POV

A little flicker of hope struck me as I heard what he said. Was he serious?

"You don't?" The anger started to filter away from my voice. "You're serious?" I got up. I turned to face him. To face his messy hair. His blood-splattered shirt. His broken eyes.

"I'm telling the truth. If I could go back again, I wouldn't take it away from you. I really wouldn't. I promise." I don't know what happened, but something washed the anger from my eyes and the tension in my muscles. And as I felt myself smile, his broken eyes fixed themselves.

Hiccup's POV

For some reason, hearing that come out of his mouth made me feel good. It made me feel redeemed, and less guilty. Even though I disobeyed Bunny, I was more concerned about getting my roommate's trust than his.

"Thank you. That means a lot," Jack said. "Did Bunny say anything else? I only heard when he was yelling."

"No, not really. He just said that we should be back for dinner. It looks like we have some free time." I thought about what I should do with the next couple hours, but I came up empty.

"Hey, I have an idea," he said.

"Yeah?"

"We could go get some revenge on North's group." Well, this was an interesting idea. Especially coming from this guy.

"I'm all for it, but how?" He was smart. He must have an idea.

"I was hoping you would have some ideas..." Oh.

"Well, maybe we could get the others to help."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean the rest of the blue group. Let's go to the main room. I'm sure some of them will be there." I liked this idea. I was ready to cause some trouble tonight.