Chapter 7

Lori sighed as she brushed the last of the dirt from Tricky's coat. Nearly a week had past since the horses had come out in their magical forms and Lori was getting impatient. She still had know idea who Avis was, either.

Lori put the body brush back in her brush bag and put it in the tack room. She walked back over to her white stallion and swapped his cross tie clips for his gold lead rope.

Lori stroked his muzzle with her index finger and rested her forehead against his.

He nickered and nuzzled her hand.
"Any news, Tricky boy?" She smiled to herself. "Captiosius?" She said teasingly.

He snorted and pulled away. Lori lead him outside to the field and let him go. He walked ten paces from her and put his head down to eat.

Lori dropped the lead by the fence and lent in the gate. She rested her head on her arms and watched the horses grazing peacefully. The field was occupied by three other stallions (I know normal stallions would fight but just go with the flow 😉). There was the brown and white gypsy cob named Shamus, Tricky's stablemate, the Frisian stallion Odysseus, or Ulysses in his magical  form, and a knappy stallion called Beau.

He trotted happily up to them as they raised their heads and nickered a greeting, before returning to the grass beneath them.

Lori sighed contently and let her gaze wander. She spotted RRS green and white float pull up the drive way. She followed it to the courtyard where it came to a stop.

RRS often has horses coming and going so it wasn't unusual for Ron to drop of a horse. Carrie, the stables main groom strode out of the pick up truck and walked around to the back of the float.

A shrill winey came from the vehicle, followed by frustrated stomping. Shamus, Beau, Odysseus and Tricky raised there heads and neighed in answer as they trotted up to the fence.

"Easy boy," Said Carrie, trying to soothe the horse. The back door of the float made a thud as it hit the ground. She unclipped the latch at the back and a bay pinto Icelandic Stallion stepped out.

"He's so cute. Where did you get him from?" Lori asked Carrie taking a step closer to the pony.

"Bought 'im from the stud 500 miles from 'ere. The lass wanted 5 grand for the fella. But I managed to strip it clean a few." Carrie said, her trademark smile plaster across her face.

"How old is he?"

"'Bout 9'r 10 I suppose. Got Halo lines, apparently. I just bought 'im for this cute lil face, 'e got." Carrie said ruffling his forelock.

"Does he have a name?" Lori asked stroking his muzzle.

"Aztec. Aztec the Great." The way she said it showed just how much she cared for the pony, even though she'd only known him for a couple of hours. "Well, I'd bett'r get 'im stalled and settled. Catcha lat'r!" She said as she lead the pony in his baby blue halter to a vacant stable.

Lori turned back to the field to see Tricky watching the pony as he was lead away. He stared so intently at him for what seemed like ages before his gaze snapped to hers in a split second.

{AN}
It's kinda short and a bit of a filler but the next one will be longer I promise.

Shine on.