[03]

Waiting is both an agony and burden on your day all at once, practically bending everything you have planned in order to fit the change in times that have suddenly appeared in your schedule. Although, everything is completely worth it when you know the wait will pay off in the end, especially when it involves seeing your conscious best friend after so long.

As selfish as my idea may come across, I have yet to tell anybody about Ryley finally waking up, even if it's for just ten minutes. I didn't think it was too keen to have everyone filling up the hospital waiting room, only to be disappointed when they couldn't get in to see her, seeing as it was strictly family only unless she had a significant other which I was faking to be.

I am as excited as anyone would be in this situation, I couldn't even sleep last night, the farthest I could possibly get on shut-eye was twenty minutes tops, but I became jittery and wasn't able to focus on anything other than the future. Not going to lie, my attention span currently is the size of a walnut, if that's not sad, then I don't know what is.

I have redone my hair approximately ten times, possibly even more. I didn't want Ryley to see me in the condition I was in these past few weeks, that would be devastating to wake up from a coma only to see your best friend in the most mortifying condition ever to be seen. That would be overwhelming for her, and she is already going to be in a fairly horrific status, wouldn't want to pile things on top of her.

Seemingly so, I wore the outfit Ryley always loved to see on me, black ripped skinny jeans, Misfits muscle tank and medium top Chuck All-Stars. She always did have the best taste in clothing when it came to picking out my ensemble.

I decided upon leaving around ten in the morning, which was nearing quite expeditiously if I may say so myself. Once grabbing the things I needed to bring, one of my sweatshirts, her phone and my phone, I stuffed the electronic devices in each back pocket and the hoodie in my arms, allowing the clothing to soak in the smell of my cologne.

Nonetheless, I began getting too high-strung before the time had come to leave, so I left about an hour earlier in order to dodge all the work hour traffic. On the way there, I blasted the playlist Ryley and I had made together when we were bored in our hotel room, then we danced around and created the biggest ruckus while jamming out to the songs.

She named the playlist, Our Songs, in which they consisted of;
1. BigCityDreams - Live • Never Shout Never EP • Never Shout Never
2. Say You Like Me • Sunshine State Of Mind Album • We The Kings
3. Dare4Distance • The Yippee EP • Never Shout Never
4. Ghost • Room 93 Album • Halsey
5. I Write Sins Not Tragedies • A Fever You Can't Sweat Out Album • Panic! At The Disco
6. Dangerous • Dangerous Single • Before You Exit
7. Remember When (Push Rewind) • Push Rewind Album • Chris Wallace
8. Still Into You • Paramore Album • Paramore
9. Midnight Memories • Midnight Memories Single • Ricky Dillon
10. Vagabond • Our Own House • MisterWives
11. I Just Can't Wait To Be King • The Lion King • Jason Weaver, Rowan Atkinson, Laura Williams
12. Hakuna Matata • The Lion King • Nathan Lane, Ernie Sabella, Jason Weaver
13. I Miss You • Greatest Hits (Explicit Version) • Blink-182
14. Over My Head (Cable Car) • Over My Head (Cable Car) Acoustic [Live] Single • The Fray
15. Heregoesnothin • The Yippee EP • Never Shout Never

I have no clue why those songs were chosen out of everything on each of our playlists, but they are simply the best songs known to existence, especially when it comes to jamming out. Both her and I had the most amazing blast working up some sweat, and afterwards we cuddled on the floor until we both fell asleep. It was easily one of the best nights spent at Playlist-Live, even the after parties from meet and greets couldn't possibly beat the incomparable moment Ryley and I had that evening.