Chapter 1.

Madison's POV.

I walked down the hallway of my broken down & beat up high school. I don't belong here.

I looked to my left & walked by the jocs who were 'low key' selling drugs by the quarterbacks locker. I slowly turned my head to the right and I saw the grungies. The kids who dressed like they came from the 70's & acted like they're too 'vintage' for the modern generation. Anyone of them would pour actual acid in they're eyes to get a mediocre Tumblr post that would maybe get 3 notes. But what can I say, it's art right?

As I walked further down the hallway I walked past the lgbt group. They're personally my favorite. I'm very straight but the gays bring me peace. Right across from the gays are the homophobes. Every one of those kids have a pocket bible and a cross around their neck. It makes me sick.

I walk past the cheerleaders, the goths, to nerds, & all the other familiar high school cliques.

I on the other hand don't have a clique. I'm what you call a floater. I could go from a preppy cheerleader to a death metal grungie in .2 seconds.

I wave & smile at all the familiar faces. I fucking hate them all.

I take my chance & walk straight out of the front door, before anyone stops me to talk about the that last football game, or how many likes they're last, life threatening, Instagram post got.

I'm a senior, meaning I have early dismissal, I come it at 9 & leave at 12 every day. God Bless my mom for making me take all my classes earlier in high school.

I walk straight to my black Mercedes Benz I inherited from my late grand paps. Rest in peace Stan you're always in heart.

I start the car and get the hell out of there. I live with my mom, dad, & 15 year old sister.

As soon as I get home i rush in throwing my books on the kitchen table. I walk over to the fridge and grab the pitcher of ice tea and pour myself a cup.

"hey mads your home! how was school?" I turn around to find my dad walking into the kitchen.

"fine." I simply say and take my phone and ice tea upstairs to my bedroom, closing the door behind me. I'm not a big fan of my dad, he's never home. He's usually always on 'business trips'. I've come to the conclusion that's he's cheating on my mom but my mom is too foolish to see it and I'm afraid if I bring it up she'll resent me and it will only hurt her. So for now I'll keep it to myself until there's solid proof.

I grab my laptop and sit down on my bed plugging my phone in on the charger and placing my ice tea next to it. When I open my MacBook I see James has already messaged me.

James is an internet friend of mine. The best internet friend of mine. We met through my one direction fan account on Tumblr. He sent me fan mail about my blog and then I responded with a thank you and ever since then we've never stopped chatting.

James and I have only ever messaged each other, we've never FaceTimed or even seen pictures of each other. I suppose he could be a fraud, just like my best friend Cal tells me, but something tells me he's not. Im not sure what but I have a good feeling about James.

I open the message and it reads
HAPPY LIMA BEANS BIRTHDAY🎉
•HES 22 I CANT BELIEVE HES 22
•HES GROWN UP SO FAST RIGHT BEFORE OUR EYES
•AHHHHH

I laugh to myself and message him back.
•AHHH YES I KNOW ALSGSGAVA I CANT BELIEVE IT

I'm a Liam girl. So today was a big day for me, I've sent so many happy birthday tweets to Liam already, my sister and I made happy birthday cupcakes for him last night, but of corse we ate them ourselves. I've made multiple edits and text posts for my blog and I'm on top of today. I can't believe my sunshine is 22, and I can't wait for the hqs from their concert tonight, it's bound to be a sleepless night.

A message from James pops up on my computer screen and it reads
IM SO READY FOR THEIR CONCERT TONIGHT ITS GOING TO BE AMAZING I PROMISE YOU THAT.

I laugh quietly to myself again, it's like he's read my mind.
ITS GONNA BE AN AMAZING SLEEPLESS NIGHT, I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT! HAHA

If I'm being honest with myself I can admit I've developed a small Internet crush on James. He's a fanboy who knows all the right things to say, who wouldn't develop a small crush on
him.

I don't give the crush I have for him much attention because it'll only lead to disappointment, I've never even seen the guy before. But for now the messages we share is enough for me.
--
James and I messaged until around 9pm. I was on my phone the whole night keeping up with updates from the concert. About an hour after the concert ended James messaged me again and we talked all night about the boys and that concert. It was so beautiful and Liam's hand tattoo literally killed me then their group hug brought me back to life, he looked so fucking good, I was so in love, and I good tell James was too. It's around 3 am now and James send me another message.
Goodnight princess sweat dreams, I love you.
I can barley keep my eyes open while I read the message. I smile and  reply with a goodnight and an I love you. I shut my laptop and lay down slowly closing my eyes while my imagination drifts off to what my life could be like if Liam was physically a part of it.