Chapter 3

(October 5th, two days before tour.)

Madison's POV.

I sat on my bedroom floor surfing through tumblr as usual. for some reason every post I see makes me think of James...its been a month since he disappeared yet he's still always on my mind.

why did the boy from tumblr interest me so much? what is it about the boy who sent me fan mail and who I know nothing about that makes him the only thing I think about.

I have exciting, adventurous, amazing things about to happen in my life and all I can think about is him.

I don't know weather I just found it strange that he disappeared..or weather he really meant something to me.

he disappeared, he left you.

my subconscious adds

you've been sad and alone ever since he disappeared, he hurt you. he made you hurt yourself.

she adds once again.

no, no I didn't hurt myself because of him, he didn't hurt me that badly, he didn't do this to me.

I place my hand on the hip with the freshest scars and wince at the sadness they hold.

he did that to you

she says again.

no, it wasn't because of him, I didn't do this because of him.

he meant nothing to me.

he meant everything to you.

"NO!" i yell slamming my laptop shut and jump up.

I pace around the room. back and forth...back and forth...back and forth..my hands move to my hair and I tug harshly.

I stand in front of my full length mirror and lift up my shirt, showing my scarred hips and stomach.

I run my finger over every scar, I feel the sadness of every angry wound fill my body.

when I look up at my reflection I see tears strolling down my cheeks and onto my white t-shirt. I didn't know I was crying..I didn't feel it.

I lower my shirt and wipe away the warm tears from my damp skin.

I walk over to my phone on the small nightstand next to my bed.

my lock screen reads

unknown
missed calls (4)

I pick up my phone and check if my sound was on. I didn't hear it vibrate or ring once.

I attempt to call back but the number is blocked.

who was it? who could it have possibly been?

a prank call.

james.

my subconscious says.
I shake my head and free my head of the possibility. he couldn't have gotten my number, we only ever messaged through tumblr.