Before It All Happened

-CHAPTER 1-

"Maria! Get your ass down here!"

Well that was uncalled for. What the hell is her problem? Geez.. Oh yeah, I'm Maria Anderson, 23 years old. I have an older sister named Katrina. My mom and dad got divorced so now mom has a new family. But she still comes by to give us hell on earth. And I'm.. well.. an artist? Haha. Just starting out with a band. But sometimes I help my dad out with car repairs and stuff.

I went downstairs to check what was up.

"Did you do this?"

My mom showed me her picture with cigarette burns in the eyes.

I laughed, "Oh yeah! Fine art right there!", she slapped me.

I just glared at her. She was surprised but shouted, "You ungrateful bitch! Do you have-"

"Yeah right, tell that to your new sugardaddy!" I spit out.

I stormed out of the house and went to the car shop. I saw my dad working on a '86 Fiat.

"Hey dad, d'you know that satan came back from hell?"

"I see your love for your mom." he said with a smile. I rolled my eyes.

"Aren't you gonna kick her out?"

"Nope. Let her be. She is still your mom."

"Oh yeah.. I'm SOOO lucky to have her." I said sarcastically.

Dad just laughed. What the fuck is wrong with you?! Why are you so kind?! Ugh. He turned on the radio.

"... approach them with caution. I repeat,everyone must be extra careful because there are strange creatures going around California. We request everyone to evacuate or lock your doors. If possible, be armed. Help is on the way."

Dad looked worried. I guess my mom went out for a walk. Yikes. We have got to be heavily armed.

"You heard them, kiddo. Now go get me some supplies before the hardware closes."

"Are you freaking serious? Mom is on the loose!" I said faking being terrified.

He laughs and I laugh with him. Dad then shakes his head and hands me the keys to the Ducati. I smiled, grabbed the keys and ran to it. Hell yeah! This was the first time he willingly let me borrow it. I got to the hardware and got everything dad needed. Then I rode the motorcycle and headed back to the shop.

As I was driving, I saw people gather around a dead body. Oh, gross! It looks like wolves gnawed out his arm. Geez, mom must be so hungry. Oh well.

"Dad! I'm back!", I called out like three times, but he wasn't there. That's weird. He must've went home. So I rode the motorcyle again and drove back home.

"Hey dad! I got your stuff! Why'd you-"

"Sssh! No time! Pack your stuff. Get only the important stuff and come back here, do you understand?"

"What are you talking abo-"

"Just shut up and do it!" He said whispering angrily.

What the hell was happening? So I did what he said. I packed my clothes, iPod, guitar, some letters, pictures, and went downstairs.

Katrina walked by and I asked her what was going on. But before she could answer,

We heard a spine-rattling scream.