Everything Turns To Shit

-CHAPTER 10-

We went inside the house quietly. Unfortunately, those dumbasses decided to shoot the freaks, which just attracted more of them.

The huge guy ran back to their car and sped away. The two guys Katrina shot were overthrown and got eaten. It was so fucking disgusting. I looked at Katrina and saw her crying.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked her.

"Those two got killed because of me.. I killed those people! Their blood is on my hands!"

"Sssh! Katrina calm down. C'mon they were a bunch of dicks anyway." I whispered. Don't wanna attract any more of them, right?

Just then, the huge guy's car came back and he shot at our house. My dad cried in agony.

"Dad! Omygod you're shot!"

Blood was flowing from his shoulder. I was panicking. Katrina took our first aid and started working on my dad's wound.

That son of a bitch!

I ran outside and closed the door behind me. Katrina called after me. But I was blind with rage. I killed freak after freak. Splitting each one's skull as I go.

He saw me and started shooting at my direction. I used one of the freaks as a shield. Then I took my gun out and shot the motherfucker.. Right between the eyes.

It attracted freaks, so I ran, away from the car. They were distracted because they saw food. Good riddance.

I hid in an alley. And waited for them to finish. Most of them already left. The ones who stayed were easy pickings. So I went out and killed the rest of them with machetes in both hands.

After I was done, I walked back to the house with Katrina waiting for me by the door.

"Are you crazy?! Do you know how worried we got when you ran out?!" she screamed.

"Shut up! They're not that far yet, and I'm sorry. I had to. What if he came back and shot you too, huh??" I whispered angrily.

She was dumbfounded. "You-you killed him??"

I was about to answer when we heard dad scream. I ran to the living room with Katrina behind me.

We got there only to see a freak bite a huge chunk from his shoulder. It managed to break through the back door.

"NOOO!!" I sliced through its head.

Just then, my sister started to scream too.

I turn around to see a freak.. Gnawing on her arm. Tears flowed but I ran and sliced that freak's head too. There were two more of them, so I killed them off.

None of them was left. I went to my sister and lay her down with my dad.

I fell down on my knees and sobbed for all I can. Millions of emotions raging through me.