We Have Visitors

Months passed by and same rules apply:

1. Don't be stupid.

2. Never hesitate in killing a freak, no matter who they may be.

3. Always have each other's backs.

4. Don't pig out, we only have a few supplies left.

Number 4 was actually for me. Haha. Anyway, I learned how to hunt, Katrina usually does house chores, and my dad mostly stays on watch.

While I was sharpening my machetes and Katrina was cooking the squirrels I got, dad came down from the roof.

"Girls, be alert. We got company."

"More freaks?" I asked.

"No.. Real people."

We all went outside, armed secretly. There were three men: One small guy, one with tattoos all over his body, and one very HUGE guy. They looked like cholos. And boy, they DID NOT hide the fact that they were armed.

"Well, would you look at that!", the small guy said. He looked like the leader.

"Hello. Can we help you with anything?" dad said.

"Yeah. We were actually looking for a safe place to stay.. Its been a hard couple of weeks, you know?", he said, which was weird because they all looked clean and healthy.

"I'm sorry, we can't help you. We've been moving place to place for months." dad lied. I guess he doubted them too.

"Oh, that's unfortunate.. Would you care to join us then?"

"No.", I said firmly. I felt myself glaring at them.

"Ooooh! We got a tough one boss!", the guy with tattoos said.

The huge guy approached me and said, "I happen to like tough chicks. Wanna screw around?"

I kicked him in the groin and he fell to the ground. His two friends aim their guns at me.

"Tsk. Tsk" the leader said, wagging a finger at me.

Katrina suddenly whips out her gun and shoots the two on their ankles which made them scream in agony. Best sister in the world. Don't you just love her?

"Drop your guns!", she ordered. And they did.

The huge guy got a hold of me and points a gun to my head. I just smirked. I bit his hand, drew my machete and held it against his neck. Then, I wagged a finger at him.

"Please don't kill us!", tattoo guy begged.

"As long as you don't try anything stupid.", dad said smiling.

"We won't, just please let us go!", the huge guy said. Katrina and I laughed.

Our smile faded when we saw a large group of freaks come out of nowhere.

"Shit.", I said to myself.