Freak or Not

-CHAPTER 13 (Final Chapter)-

The horse I saw had reigns, but no one was riding it.

I took my stuff and looked for whoever owned that horse. Is this that 'sign'?

I went to the direction the horse came from. I was near a creek and I heard something groaning. I put my stuff down and drew my machete.

I walked near the edge and saw.. a freak? Or a guy? I'm not sure because he was looking down, but he was all bloody. And damn was he was clinging for dear life.

I was shocked. I took the bandana off my face. And the only words that came out of my mouth was..

"What the fuck happened to you?"

He looked up.. He wasn't a freak. "You gonna help me or what?"

I grabbed a rope from my bag and tied one end to a tree. Then I threw the other end to the guy.

"Hey! Grab this!"

He did. I mustered all my strength and pulled him up. When he was up, he lay on the ground, then winced in pain. I looked at him carefully and saw that his side was bleeding so bad.

"O-MY-GOD, you're bleeding!" I panicked.

"Shut up! Calm down will ya?", he sat up and looked around, "Are you alone?"

"Uhm.. Yeah.. Yeah, I am." I was getting all depressed.. But I noticed his necklace. It was ears, and I mean FREAK ears, tied around his neck.

"Good.", he said, interupting my freakout, "Then help me get back to our camp."

I hesitated, but said, "Okay. I'm Maria by the way."

"Daryl Dixon. Would ya hurry up? I'm bleedin' out here."

I rolled my eyes. Asshole. I took all my stuff, carried it on my back and helped him stand up. I doubted this guy.

But he might be my last chance to stay sane.

My last hope.

Because losing everything isn't the problem..

Losing hope is.

---------------THE END----------------

(I decided to end the story here but I'm deciding on making a sequel to this. And I'm telling you right now, its gonna be TWD with a little adjustment. I don't own any characters there except for Maria. Please comment if you want a sequel. THANK YOU SO MUCH! You guys are awesome for reading. :D)