Where is Everyone?

-CHAPTER 4-

"No Maria, don't go gangsta on me! USE TWO HANDS!!", my dad scolded.

We were on the coast of New Mexico and decided to do some target shooting. Why can't I hit that damn can?! UGH. I was getting impatient. Katrina is doing so good, hitting one can after the other. Very nice sister, rub it in.

I got more pissed. So I just shot the gun even more without hitting any target. Katrina saw it.

"Just relax lil sis! Here, before shooting, inhale, then exhale slowly."

I was like, 'what the fuck does that have to do with anything?!'

But I did it, and I actually shot the can.

"Nice work, Maria. Now finish off those cans!"

I suddenly felt this rush. So I shot the rest of the targets. Each shot gets easier and easier. Until I finally got it. I caught my dad smile.

"Okay you two, practice is over. Now let's get us some food."

We drove on the highway, and saw some shops. We stopped and searched for food. Funny though, there was nobody in any of the shops. The place was deserted.

And this only means one thing...

HELL YEAH, FREE STUFF!!!!

Dad took some canned goods and other ready-made food from a grocery store. Katrina and I went into this Ammo shop and got some more guns and MANY rounds of bullets to go with it.

But something caught my eye.. It's a Machete!!! Omygod I want that!! Sorry, strange obsession with Jason X. So I took two of those and got each of us a belt to put our weapons in.

We went back to our car and searched for anything else we thought we needed.

"Hey, look at that!" Katrina said.

There was a little girl wandering alone. I approached her.. But something feels off about her.

"Little girl? Are you lost?", my dad began to say.

The girl stopped walking.

"Don't worry! We won't hurt you. Come on!"

I was five feet away from her. Then she turned around and.. There was blood on her face and her eyes were dead. She growled and walked towards me.

I stuck the machete between her eyes to shut her up.

That wasn't a little girl. No.. that wasn't a human being.