Chapter 1

"KARIZMA"!!!!

I can hear someone calling my name from behind and I slowly began to walk faster. My whole insides turned as I hoped that whoever that was, wasn't my drug addicted prostituting mother wanting more money from me.

"KARIZMA"!!!!! It called out again. Reluctantly I turned around to see who was the face that so desperately wanted my attention.

"Oh thank God." I whispered under my breath. It was only my best-friend Chloe. I've known her since forever. She has always been there for me, I love that girl. That's my main bitch. When my momma started doing drugs and prostituting she was there for me. I stopped walking so she can catch up with me, which didn't take her long because she started jogging a little to catch up.

"Why were you iggin' me chica?" She asked once she was close enough to not yell. I couldn't help but to my eyes when she called me chica. Every since we started hanging out with this half Spanish half Brazilian girl from down the street she thought she was Spanish too for some odd reason I don't know why.

"Hello to you too. And I wasn't ignoring you, I just had to make sure you wasn't Shantel." I said while huggin her.

"Girl why would I be yo' momma???" She said sounding a little offended.

"Because she came to my house last night when I got home from work to ask me for some money. And when I told ha' ass no she left angry. So, I figured you were her coming to ask me again." I didn't want to tell her about what had really happened last night so I gave her only minor detalis.

Truth is last night when I came home from working my shift as a bartender at "Tha Players Club", an underground strip club, I found my momma in my room looking for something to steal from me. It bothers me to see my mother like that. Things just went down hill for her after my dad had died seven years ago on my 15th birthday. I didn't give her enough time to explain herself, I just handed her five dollars and asked her to leave before I called the police. Seeing my mom like that broke my heart, and there was plenty of times where I tried to help her get clean but I failed epicly each time, so I gave up all together. I was always told you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped. I thought, in this case it would be different, but of course I was wrong.

 You see things weren't always this bad when it came to my mother's and I relationship. I didn't even know that she was doing drugs and prostituting until I came home from school one day and found the police at my front door. They explained to me that my mom was caught with a decoy and would spend a month in jail. Within that month I got a job and paid all the bills. Right when she got out I tried to send her to rehab, but she disappeared on me. I only see her every blue moon or when ever she needs money, so I've been pretty much taking care of myself.

I just wish things would go back to the old days. When we would stay up all night watching really bad chick-flicks and eating ice cream. But I knew that that would never happened so that dream of mine went right down the drain. 

"Heeellllooo!! Earth to Karizma..." I heard Chloe say and I instantly popped back into reality.

"Yea boo, I'm sorry I was thinking about something with school." I lied. I was a freshman in college. I was trying to become a doctor but hey who knows what the future may bring right?

"Baby-doll its Saturday. Why are you thinking about Monday, its so  many hours away." She whined.

"Anyway where are you going, because I'm on my way to my nan-na house for breakfast. And you know she cooks alot so you might as well tag along. If your not busy of course?" I asked.

"Oh yes I'm goin' with you. Yo' nan-na knows how to throw down honey. And girl its not where I'm heading, its where I just left." She said with no shame.