Chapter 3

Who knew that the Bronx was so, how can I put this... The BRONX!!! But I love it here. Its only been what a month or so and things are great. So far of course. The hotel I've been staying in is pretty decent. I think its call the Howard Johnson Express Inn, its a two stared hotel. Nothing major yet, I still gotta get used to things around here.

I absolutely love the cold air, rude people, and the smell of ambition coming off of everyone. But I still missed home, and nana-na, and Chloe. I haven't spoken to her since the day I left. I feel bad ignoring her phone calls a stuff, but I need to get a piece of mind before I talk to anyone from back home. But you know what, I think its about time that I gave her a call. She's probably stupid dumb worried about me.

"Ring Ring Ring......"

"HELLO!!! Karizma is that you?" I heard Chloe say with both worry and excitement in her voice. Damn I missed this chick so much its not even funny.  

"Hey baby girl. How you doing?" I asked trying to keep calm. I could feel the tears begin to whelm up in my eyes and I refuse to cry. At least not while I was on the phone with her.  

"AHHHHHHH!!!!!" Was all I heard her say before she burst out in tears. I could tell she really missed me. I missed her too. I tried so hard to fight back the tears but I couldn't. We cried together for at least 45mins.

"I...I thought.....you......were...dead!!" I heard her say through the tears she cried. I felt so bad. I should've called, or texted, or at least sent an e-mail to let her know I was okay. But I didn't. Instead I decided to be selfish and let her worry about me for a whole month.

"I'm so so sorry. I know I should've called or something, but I just I needed to get away. I needed to get a piece of mind. I needed a break. And I am so sorry that I didn't keep in touch." I cried out.

"Its ok. As long as your ok I'm good. I missed you kid, a lot." She had told me once she calmed down from her damn near heart attack.

"I missed you too. So how have you been. Is everything ok back home?" I asked trying not to put too much emotion into my voice.

"I'm good. But um what do you mean by back home? Karizma where are you?" She asked sounding like a concerned mother of a college freshman.

"Umm, Chloe. You know I lo-" Was all I could say before she cut me off.

"Girl don't you beat around the bush with me. Where the hell are you?" She asked a little more sternly.

"In the Bronx." I said like I was two years old. I knew that I shouldn't have told her because she blew up like a an unexpected time bomb. I began to tune her out as she tried her best to read me from A to Z. But it was no use, she and I both knew that no matter what she said I wasn't going back home.

There wasn't anything to go back to. Well besides Chloe of course.

"Karizma.... Hello!! Karizma Carolyn Jackson. Do you hear me?" I heard her say before I snapped back in. "I'm coming to the Bronx first thing tomorrow morning." She repeated before hanging up in my face like it was nothing.

Damn I guess she was pretty upset with me. But come on now, if I were in her shoes I would be pretty upset with myself as well. Now I really gotta get up and look for a place to move into and fast. Because I Chloe as well as I do she would kill me if she found out I was living out of a hotel.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Finally I finished moving into a nice 4 bedroom 3 1/2 bathroom single family house in the side of the Bronx which was pretty nice. And to put the icing on the cake it was only $475,000, $2,131 a month. That was cheaper that a lot of the other homes I saw. I mean it was a lot of room but it was affordable and I really liked it. It seemed to scream my name for some odd reason.