Chapter 4

ALYSSA'S POV :

I looked at every single one of them and they all looked terrified. Oh except Gina. She was just as confused as I was at this exact moment. The silence was strange. It wasn't awkward, it was more like there was so much said without any noise. Daniel awkwardly looked away, Luke seemed quite sad and Jai.. it looked like his eyes were filled with tears. Beau looked guilty. Guilty of what..

" Guys what's going on.. ? " I carefully asked, afraid for the answer.

Daniel gave me a sympathetic look and Luke spoke up.

" Lyssa there's something you- "

Luke was silenced by Beau suddenly running out of the house slamming the door behind him.

" If one of you guys don't tell me what's going on right now I'll lose it. "

" Jai.. You tell her. I'm going after Beau. " Luke said.

They all act so weird it's freaking me out. They act like she killed someone or something.

" It's not the time to tell her. " Jai simply said with clenched fists. He frightened me, he was so calm yet so furious. It was as if he could snap any moment.

I don't know what this girl did, but it must be something serious.

" Jai.. Who's Rachel? I'm getting concerned here. "

" Mum, please not now. All I'm gonna say is Lyssa.. please, please I beg you stay away from her and don't ever get involved with her. She is dangerous and that guy called Jake is even worse. Please stay away.. " He said whilst a tear ran down his face.

His mood switched with that sentence. He looked furious before, but when he asked me to stay away from her it was like he asked me the most important question ever. It was as if his life depended on that one question, or even my life.

" Jai please tell me why.. What's going on you guys are scaring me.. " A tear ran down my face. I looked at James and Daniel and they both kept their eyes fixed on the floor avoiding my eyes. No one was willing to tell me what was going on and who this girl is.

What happened before my accident? Who was I and what have I been going through. I'm obviously in danger and I don't even know why. I don't know what to be afraid of and if I even should be afraid. If she's so dangerous then why didn't they call the cops on her? I'm so confused and terrified at the same time.

Jai slowly walked up to me and gently grabbed my hands, intertwining our fingers. They perfectly matched.

" Alyssa.. Please trust me okay? You're not ready to know what happened. I will tell you when it's the right time. You probably think that you're ready but trust me you aren't. Just know that I won't let anything happen to you, ever. Nor will the boys. " Jai said before he rested his forehead to mine.

That made me feel slightly uncomfortable but at the same time I felt like that was the best feeling I had ever had in my life. I never wanted to let go, like I actually was developing feelings for this guy.. Or maybe they were always there, I just forgot..

" Okay.. " Was all I said and I could see the sides of his mouth curling up a bit.

" Erhm I wanted to say Yeah Lyssa we definitely will protect you no matter what but I guess now isn't the time hah " Daniel awkwardly said.

Jai and I were still in the same position so I quickly stepped back and giggled shyly. " Let's give the two of them some space yeah? They both deserve it. " Gina kindly said.

" Yeah them love birds, Skip and I will join Luke on finding Beau. " James said.

That actually made me feel a bit weird. I know, Jai and I are a couple and we're even engaged but it feels like I have to fall in love with him all over again. I'm not saying that that won't happen because come on look at him. He is beyond gorgeous. Although some alone time would be good. It will give me time to get to know my fiancé better.