Five (Part Two)

We made our way into Tomorrowland and I ended up having to pick Olivia up since she was too busy watching everything to look where she was going. We had finished our pretzels awhile ago and were now ready to enjoy the rush of adrenaline that Space Mountain gave everyone.

"Are we there yet?" Liv asked.

"Yeah, we're here." I said as we arrived at the entrance. "Shoot, I forgot to check the height requirements. Let's hope you're tall enough Liv."

We walked up to the measurement stand and Liv stood on it, allowing one of the workers to check her height.

"She's good to go," the worker said. "She's an inch taller than the required height."

Mia and I both sent the worker a smile before each grabbing one of Liv's hands. We walked to the FastPass side and pressed our bands up to the MagicMickey's for the last time. Once the MagicMickey turned green we made our way inside, moving somewhat quickly. Twenty minutes later I was sitting in the back of a three seater rocket-shaped vehicle with Liv in the front and Mia in the middle.

"Make sure to hold onto her," I told Mia for the millionth time.

"I know what to do, Jay. I won't let anything happen to her, promise." Mia reassured me.

Three minutes later we were being shot through an energy tunnel that was pulsating with blinking lights. We then ascended a high mountain before being launched into the darkness of the universe. The mysterious sounds of space and galactic music were being played around us. As we zoomed around we passed shooting stars, wayward comets, and streaking orbs of light. Then the push and pull of gravity surrounded us as we soared into a swirling wormhole which brought us back into the control tower.

It took a few minutes before we got to the exit and once we got there the safety bars lifted. I got out and helped Liv out of the rocket before I took one of Mia's hands and helped her out. We walked through before coming to a flat escalator. We got on and started walking toward the exit, arriving in the gift shop.

"Jay Jay? Can we go on Buzz Lightyear?" Liv asked me once we were out of the gift shop.

"Sure Liv. We can get some lunch afterward since it'll probably be lunch time." I said, motioning toward the long line of people who were waiting to go on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

We walked toward the ride before entering the roped off section that was put outside to contain the line. An hour later we finally made it to the front of the ride.

"Okay, Liv you're going to sit in-between Mia and I. You'll be able to control the spinning handle while Mia and I shoot the bad guys." I told her as we made our way onto the moving walkway.

"Okay!" She said, waiting for me to get into the spaceship. Once I was in Mia helped Liv in before getting in herself. The bar lowered over our laps and we were brought into Buzz Lightyear's world to defeat the evil Emperor Zurg.

As soon as we were aloud to start spinning that was the only thing Liv concentrated on doing. Mia and I tried our best to shoot the lasers but it was hard because every time we focused on a target we were turned the other way. A couple minutes later we were brought to the end where we could see our scores, Mia and I both only being Space Cadets. We hopped off the ride and made our way into the gift shop.

"Can I get an alien?" Liv asked, pointing at the wall that held the stuffed green aliens.

"Wouldn't you rather get a Stitch?" I asked her, knowing that she'd be asking for her favorite Disney character later.

Her eyes widened at my words. "Yeah!"

"Okay, then we'll wait and get you a Stitch later when we leave. Along with your Minnie Mouse balloon."

"Okay Jay Jay!"

"Good," I said before turning to face Mia. "Time to get some food now?"

"Definitely. I think we're all starving." She said, looking down at Liv.

"Okay, let's go eat at Pinocchio Village. We can go on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad afterward as our last ride. Then we can get Liv her plush Stitch toy and Minnie Mouse balloon and then go back to the hotel and swim for a while."

"That sounds good. Now let's go eat."

. . .

We had just finished eating and were now making our way toward Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. When we arrived I took notice of the digital sign showing how long of a wait there was. After looking at the sign we quickly got into line. An hour and a half later we were standing in the loading area, waiting for the next mine train to come in.

The mine train came and the doors holding us in opened, allowing us to step into one of the mine carts. Olivia was sat in between Mia and I again and once we were all situated I pulled the safety bar over our laps. It took a few minutes before the mine train was ready to go and soon enough we were making our way up a mountain.

We were twisted, turned, and dropped for three minutes before pulling back into the station. The safety bars were lifted automatically and we got out of our mine cart.

"Okay Liv, we're going to get your plush Stitch toy and Minnie Mouse balloon now before we go back to the hotel to swim. Is there anything else you want to do before we go?" I asked her, knowing she would throw a fit about us leaving if I didn't.

"Nope! I'm ready to go swimming!" She said, excited to go swim at the hotel's pool. This would be her first time swimming in one of the Disney Hotel's pools since we never stayed at a hotel because we lived so close.

We walked toward the Emporium on Main Street, U.S.A and entered, walking toward the wall of plush Stitch toys. I reached up to get the biggest size they had and handed it directly to Liv once I had it. She immediately hugged it close to her body and we walked toward the cashier.

"I have to take your Stitch real quick Liv so the nice lady can scan it. I'll give it right back to you after she's done. Okay?" I told her, carefully taking the Stitch out of her firm grip.

Once the lady rang it up I handed it right back to Liv. I paid for the Stitch and we walked out of the store, the receipt in my hand just in case anyone tried to stop us. We then walked up to one of the balloon people at the very front of the park and I bought a Minnie Mouse balloon, handing it to Liv as well.

"Thank you, Jay Jay!" Liv said, hugging me.

"You're welcome, love. Now let's get going so we can catch the next bus back to the hotel."

. . .

"Jay Jay, come on the water slide with me!" Liv called out.

We had been at the hotel's pool for about an hour and a half now and without even questioning it I got up and raced Liv toward the water slide. I could hear Mia laughing at us as we ran, trying to beat each other.

Liv beat me. But I had let her beat me.

There were only a few minutes left until my mom was coming to pick up Liv so the water slide was the last thing she would be able to do. I had already let Mia know so she could gather Liv's things, allowing her to be ready to go when my mom came.

I went down the slide first, floating off to the side once I reached the bottom to wait for Liv. Once she splashed into the water I helped her to the stairs before grabbing one of the hotel towels. I wrapped it around her, being sure to dry her off completely. Mia then took Liv to one of the bathrooms to help her change into a dry outfit. They come out a minute later, Liv dressed in a romper.

"Come on Liv, mom's going to be here any second." I said, taking one of her hands into mine and her bag in the other. Mia followed behind us as we walked to the front of the hotel. Seconds after we arrived my mom pulled up, getting out to take Liv and the bag from me.

"Have fun at the rest of the parks, kids." My mom said. She gave both of us a quick hug before hopping back into the car and driving off.

"Let's go back to the pool for a bit. We can get something to eat for dinner after."

"Alright, I'll race you." Mia said, running off right after she finished speaking. Grinning, I ran after her, barely making it before her.