One

"Mr. Connors," I heard a voice say. "Mr. Connors wake up this instant!"

"Huh? What? What happened?" I asked, groggily.

"Is my lecture boring you, Mr. Connors?"

"No, sir," I mumbled.

"Detention after school," Mr. Ray spoke before going back to teaching the lesson.

I groaned, putting my head in my hands when a piece of paper hit me in the back. I turned around and saw Mia raise an eyebrow at me.

You alright? We'll talk after class. There are notes written on the back from when you were sleeping.
Mia

I turned around and gave her a grateful smile. She smiled back before turning her attention back to Mr. Ray who was starting to talk about the importance of correct grammar. Thankfully there were only a few more minutes left of class.

The bell rang and I jumped out of my seat, collecting and shoving the papers from today into my binder. Before I could get anywhere Mr. Ray reminded me of my after school detention and I rolled my eyes, leaving the classroom.

"Jay?" I heard Mia call out. I ignored her.

"Jason Xavier Connors!" She yelled at me. I stopped, knowing that she was serious and slowly turned my body to face her.

"What do you want, Mia?"

"What is wrong with you?! You did hear me call your name right?" She glared at me.

"Yeah, I heard. I'm sorry; I have to think of something to tell Coach. There's practice tonight but I have to go to Mr. Ray's after school detention instead."

Mia gave me an apologetic look. "Right, sorry. I'll see you later, okay? Are we still on for tomorrow?" She asked.

"Yeah, we're still on for tomorrow."

"And you really can't tell me where we're going?" She asked, giving me her famous puppy dog eyes.

"I really can't tell you. It's a surprise, remember?" I laughed, pulling her into a hug.

She returned my hug and laughed as well, shaking her head. "Alright. Can you at least tell me what I should wear?"

"Whatever you want. You always look beautiful."

"Shut it, Jay. You know that's not true."

"But it is. I'll pick you up at 8, okay?"

"In the morning?" She groaned.

I chuckled, "Yes, in the morning."

"Ugh. You're lucky I love you."

"I know," I replied smirking. "I'll see you later, Mia."

"Bye Jay."