Nine

Mia's POV

Jason
Hey, come outside.

Mia
Why?

Jason
Just come outside.

Mia
Okay.

I pressed send and then slipped on a pair of boots, grabbing a jacket as well since it was now the beautiful season of Fall. I clutched my phone in one hand and then ran down the stairs and out the front door. I looked around, not seeing Jay anywhere.

Mia
I'm outside. Where are you?

Jason
Just wait.

I sighed and waited for a little before I saw Dylan walking toward me.

"Hey Dylan. Have you seen Jay anywhere?"

Dylan smiled at me before taking my hand into his. "Just follow me."

"Okay," I said and followed behind him. We had been walking for a few minutes before I realized where we were going. "Why are you taking me to the park?"

"You'll see, just wait." Dylan said. We reached the park minutes later and I didn't see anything.

"Dyl, what's going on?"

"Go on over to the dock and you'll see."

"Okay," I said and made my way over. When I got there I saw Jason standing at the end, candles lined up along the sides.

"Jay? What is this?" I asked softly when I reached him. He turned around and faced me, taking my hands into his own.

"I love you, Mia. And I know you're still a bit wary about all of this, but you deserve the best and I think that's me."

"Jay?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yeah. Jay, I'll be your girlfriend." He smiled and brought his lips to mine, slowly kissing me. I smiled and kisses him back. It had only been a few seconds before we were interrupted.

"Mia! Mia!" I heard. I broke our lips apart and turned to see Liv running up to us. "Go on the swings with me!"

I sent Jay an apologetic look and he shrugged, smiling. "It's alright, go make my little sister happy." I nodded and kissed him on the cheek, taking Liv's hand afterward and running with her to the swings.

I turned around as we were running and saw Dylan walk up to Jay, apologizing for letting Liv get in the way.

. . .

I was now back in my room, lying flat on my bed. Kid In Love by Shawn Mendes was playing around the room as I softly sang along.

I couldn't believe that Jason and I were actually dating. It was almost like I was in a dream, everything just seemed so unreal. But the moment my parents walked through my door I knew it was too good to be true.

"We can't be leaving! We've lived here all my life, why are we leaving?! Just when everything started to get good!"

"I'm so sorry, sweetie." My mom said, trying to comfort me.

"No, just stop. Please just stop."

"We're really sorry, Mia. It's just this job will pay so much more. It's too good of an offer."

"But I have a life here! All of my friends are here! Jason's here!"

"I know, honey. And we can't tell you enough how sorry we are. But we have to go."

"When are we leaving?" I mumbled.

"In three days." My dad said quietly.

"Three days?"

"I know it's soon but we've already found and purchased this great house in a really good neighborhood. Honey, you're going to love California. You need to start packing, okay?"

"Yeah, whatever," I said. "Can you please just leave now."

My parents sighed and left my room, shutting the door behind them. I laid back on my bed, tears slipping out of my eyes. My phone dinged and at that moment in time I knew I had to tell Jason. I grabbed my phone and went into my messages, tears still streaming down my face.

Mia
Jay? I need to tell you something.

Jason
I already know. Do you want me to come over?

Mia
How do you know? And no, I'll see you in three days when we leave. I don't want this to hurt anymore than it already does.

Jason
Dylan told me. And okay, if that's what you want. I love you so much Mia and I'll never stop loving you.

Mia
I know. I love you too. Bye Jay.

I shut my phone off, crying even harder.