Chapter 1

2 years later

Omniscient

Aaliyah woke up in an unfamiliar place. She looked around the room and realized she was in a hotel. She looked over and saw Haven fast asleep. She got out of bed and headed to the bathroom. She looked down at her hands and remembered she got married the previous day and that they were on their honeymoon in Cancun. After brushing her teeth, she ran and jumped on Haven to wake him up. He stirred in his sleep and rolled over putting the pillow over his head. She brushed it off as jetlag and headed to the shower to get dressed.

Once Aaliyah was done getting dressed, there was a knock on the hotel door. She walked to the door and looked through the peephole. She saw her three friends staring back at her. She swung the door open and they all screamed into a hug. She felt like it was all a dream so she pinched herself and there was pain. She immediately broke down in tears as they finished up with the group hug. Her girls grabbed her into another hug as Haze wrapped his arms around all of them.
Haze knew they were flying in today. He kissed Aaliyah on the forehead and went into the bathroom. After Haze got dressed they all headed out for some sightseeing and fun.
They all ran around like kids at an amusement park. Before they knew it they were all tired and worn out. All eight of them returned to the hotel for dinner and rest since everyone was leaving the next day so Aaliyah and Haze could spend the rest of their honeymoon alone.
***

Shania
It was four am and my husband was still tearing me up. I moaned at the top of my lungs as I looked from his eyes to his stroke. I watched as he pulled in and out of my wet cave. I was on a cloud. I threw my head back and dug my nails into his back as he rocked my body. I felt myself about to cum and he came with me.
I got out of the bed and headed to the shower. We had a flight to catch in a few hours so Liyah and Haze could have the rest of their honeymoon to themselves. I threw on some leggings and a crop sweatshirt. I threw on my air max 95 and went and made sure our bags were packed while Trey took a shower.

I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and threw on my glasses. I looked like a hot school teacher. A few minutes later Trey came out the shower smelling all good. I looked at his print through the towel and I wanted some more of him. I couldn't get enough of my husband.

Carmen
My eyes shot open from my sleep and I woke up in a panic. Something didn't feel right. I moved my arm from under Nick and went to the bathroom. I grabbed my cell and called my mother. There was no answer and that wasn't like her especially since she had my son.
I took care of my business in the bathroom and jetted to the room to get dressed. I woke Nick up because we had to get home as soon as possible. I told him about my feelings and he started calling everyone in his phone back home. No one picked up. We all met up downstairs and I told the team what was up.
We decided not to tell Liyah since she was on her honeymoon. We all boarded the plane in no time and were headed home. Once we landed in Baltimore we all went our seperate ways and were gonna get up with each other in a few hours.

Shanay
I walked through the doors of my home and dropped my bag at the front door. King walked in behind me and locked the door. I walked straight to the kitchen. I took out some strawberries, washed them and began to eat them while I listened to the messages.
Carmen's mom left the very last message telling me Rich was shot. I dropped the bowl of strawberries and ran up the steps yelling King's name. King came out of the bedroom alarmed and I told him that we had to go find Rich. We were already dressed comfortably from the long flight so we headed to the garage and jumped in my Denali. Waiting for the garage doors to come up all the way I noticed two cars pulling into my driveway.
I noticed Shania's Beemer and Carmen's Acura so I hopped out my truck to see what was up. We were too late. Rich was gone. He died a few hours before we landed in Baltimore.
Once I heard the news I was devastated. Moments later Shank pulled up and grabbed me and Shania into a hug. We cried together right in my driveway. Once we let go I ran straight into King's arms and everyone departed.
He carried me to the bedroom bridal style and ran me a hot bubble bath. After I was settled in the tub he bought me a wine glass and a bottle of moscato. He sat on the sink and lit some candles. He rolled a blunt while he watched me cry my eyes out.
Me and my siblings have no family except for our significant others and my son. I was crushed. I didn't understand what happened. We were just at Aaliyah's wedding.
Then I remembered I had to notify my best friend with the news.
King grabbed my phone and I called Aaliyah. She picked up on the first ring.

Aaliyah
I couldn't believe my ears. I dropped the phone after hearing Shanay struggle to get the words out. I told Haze and we decided on the spot to cut our honeymoon short.
Shank arranged for the plane to pick me and Haze up so we weren't leaving until the next day.
I've known Rich my whole life. He was like my dad since my dad left.
I dried my eyes and looked at my husband with sadness and sorrow. My best friend lost all her parents to senseless bullshit.
Haze sent me to the spa for a few hours so I could relax. While I was there I got a massage but I couldn't stop sniffling and crying. I was beyond sad.
Rich gave us everything. He was always there for us.

the next day...
Omniscient pov
Shanay, Shania, and Shank walked into the funeral home to make arrangements for Rich. They sat across from the funeral director all sporting raybans to hide the sorrow and sadness in their eyes.
After the arrangements were made they all parted ways. Shanay headed to Carmen's mom Selena's house to pick up Kade (Shanay and King's son). As soon as she walked though the door he came running full speed. Seeing her son put an instant smile on her face. Selena came from the kitchen and hugged Shanay. She hugged Shanay so tight that she fought everything in her not to cry. Selena felt pain for them. They lost all their parents and they only had each other.
Shanay gathered Kade's bags and headed home. They walked through the garage door entrance into the house. King was sitting in the living room watching tv when Kade jumped on him. They hugged and play fought before ending their humor with a tickle session. Shanay watched from the threshold before heading upstairs to take off her clothes.
Shanay sat on the bed in her bra and panties with her head in her hands. She felt a headache coming so she laid back on the bed. King and Kade busted in the room interrupting her peace. King looked at his wife with pure sadness before carrying Kade to the bath.
Shanay's cell phone rang on the bed next to her and she picked up.
"Nay, yall don't hear me knocking on the door," asked Aaliyah.
"My bad boo I'm in my room and King was just downstairs but I'm on my way," Shanay said ending the call.
She threw on a crop top and some leggings and headed to the door. Aaliyah came in and they hugged at the door for fifteen whole minutes. Haze just watched and waited until they let go. They all headed to the living room as everyone else showed up. Kade was down for a nap so King came and sat next to Shanay on the couch. Shank told everyone the funeral arrangements.
Shank went out to his car and grabbed a box. He came back in the house and opened it. Inside was shirts, jeans and shoes for everyone. He passed everyone their individual sizes and they all thanked him. On the front of the shirt was a collage of pics of them with Rich and their nicknames he gave them on the back. They would be the only ones with the outfits on. Shania handed Shank the obituary and he took it to get done. Everything was in order to bury Rich.
After a few hours of smoking, drinking and reminiscing everyone parted ways.