Chapter 5

Shanay

I woke up on the couch and ran to the bathroom. I emptied the contents of my stomach until there was nothing left. King walked in behind me holding my hair. I got off the floor and took my leggings off. I was sweating real bad. He got a cold towel and started wiping my forehead with it.

After that I went upstairs to my bedroom to brush my teeth. I stripped out of the rest of my clothes and threw them in the dirty clothes hamper. I put on a nightgown, put my hair in a ponytail and climbed in the bed.

"Shanay are you pregnant?"

I just looked at him and rolled my eyes. I shook my head no not really knowing the truth. I laid back into my pillow and I could feel him still staring at me. I sucked my teeth before saying "I will make a doctors appointment tomorrow!"
I think I said it a little smarter than I needed to because he didn't say anything he just climbed in the bed.

At this point my mind was racing. Was I really ready for another child? I mean I can afford another addition to my family but there's still so much more I wanna do. I snuggled up next to King and he grabbed my waist pulling me closer. He kissed my nose before falling back asleep.

***
It was eight am when I woke up so I did my normal routine of getting me and  Kade ready to head out. I called my doctor while I was looking for something to wear. Luckily I got a same day appointment and it was at eleven am. I strolled out of my closet and placed my clothes on my bed.

I walked in Kade's room and he was gone. I walked back into my bedroom and I didn't even realize King was gone. There was a note on the pillow, Make sure you call your doctor. I got K don't worry about it. I looked at the note for a few more moments before removing my robe and putting lotion on my body. The weather was beginning to break so I decided to wear ripped skinny jeans, a white v neck and some red Jordan's.

I walked back into my closet to retrieve my jewelry. I wore big gold hoops a gold chain and my gold Rolex. I tied a red and black plaid shirt around my waist before combing my hair down. I took King's Bulls SnapBack and turned it backwards on my head before heading out the door.

I was meeting up with my girls for breakfast and I'm damn near late. I decided to drive my Infiniti since its been a while and it matched my outfit. I got to IHOP in no time. When I walked in the girls were already there. I hugged my pregnant twin and Carmen.

We sat down chopping it up as if no time was absent between us. My sister was glowing and Carmen looked radiant, everyone looked so happy now that we finally let go of Rich. I caught myself smiling. Carmen told us all about her new store so we got a lot of work to do. Only person missing was my bestie but she will be back in a few days. I can't wait to see her and Haze, I miss them.

I told them I was gonna have a small cookout during the weekend so we could all catch up. I missed when we were all together. The time was now ten am so we all hugged and parted ways. I drove straight to my doctor's office scared shitless for real.

I walked in and signed in. I sat for about fifteen minutes before the nurse called me. I walked through the doors and took a deep breath. The nurse took my vitals and my height and weight. My blood pressure was a little high but I took that as me being a whole punk about the whole thing.

Moments later I was escorted to a bathroom to give a urine sample and then a room to be examined. I knew the whole procedure from when I was pregnant with Kade so I let the doctor do his thing. After my exam I found out I was eight weeks pregnant! How the fuck did I miss two periods and not realize. I sighed as I got dressed and took a picture of the results and sent them to King.

He immediately called me on FaceTime. He had the biggest smile on his face and my heart melted. I loved that he was so happy. It made me more excited. I walked out of the clinic blowing kisses at my husband before we hung up. I bumped into someone on my way to my car dropping my phone in the process. When I picked it up the screen was shattered.