Chapter 33

Aaliyah

I was cleaning up the shop before it opened. Moments later Brittney came in and started setting up her station. "Good morning Aaliyah!"

"Good morning!" I said back. I still wasn't fucking with Brittney like that but we had to work together. Her work was the shit. Moments later everyone started coming in and Toya turned the closed sign to open.

Ten minutes later Shanay and Carmen came in. I sighed because I didn't want no shit. "Best friend!" She said. "Ho!" She said looking at Brittney. She was so petty sometimes. My shampoo girls led them to the bowls and I sat up the things I would need to do their hair.

Carmen was done first! "Liyah I want a side bang and I want my hair bone straight, I'm sure that shit down to my butt!"

"Bitch you know I got you!"

I threw the cape around her and hooked her shit up. Shanay was finished getting her color done so she sat in my chair next. I curled her hair and Slayed her shit. They both paid, gave me a hug and a kiss and headed out.

"Damn Britt, she really don't like you!" Toya said. "It's cool, I know why so I'm not sweating it!"

I rolled my eyes and started on my next client who had a short cut. Toya was almost as petty as Shanay. She knew why Shanay wasn't fucking with her. One of the clients jumped in," everybody know that girl don't play bout her nigga, and some people just cross the line sometimes!"

"But why just be mad at the girl when it's the nigga who owe her something?" Brittney said!

"Because bitches be knowing and still throw themselves at niggas they know is off limits! I would beat a bitch over mines so I feel her!" I said shutting everybody up. That bitch wasn't gonna try throw shade because she wouldn't have done it if she was still here.

She was starting to piss me off, but bitches was replaceable. I don't play that sneak dissing shit especially bout any of my sisters. Toya looked at me and smirked because she knows Shanay whipped her ass.

I cleaned up and waited for my next client. I been busy these last two days. I missed my man. He was knocked out when I got in last night. "Which one of you bitches going out for lunch?"

"I'm going, what you want?" Toya asked. "I want a cheeseburger sub, French fries with salt,pepper, and old bay seasoning and a jumbo half and half!"

"Yup, you definitely pregnant!" She said back laughing. I rolled my eyes and my client walked in. I got straight back to work. I sat her under the dryer when Toya came back with my food. I washed my hands and dug straight in.

After I finished I washed my hands again and checked on my client. Giving the dryer some more time my phone rang. I had a FaceTime call from my hubby. I stepped in my office and tapped the green button. "Wassup babe, I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!" He said.

I smiled into the camera,"I miss you daddy!"

"I miss you too babe, how long you gonna be there!"

"I'm finishing my last client now!"

"Well make her pretty and bring that ass home! Love you!"

"Love you more!" I said hanging up. I went back out and finished my last client. I cleaned up and grabbed my stuff. "Britt you know what to do!" I said walking out the door.

I walked in the door and I could hear The Weeknd playing. I dropped my purse and keys by the door and headed towards the kitchen. The aroma from the food had my mouth watering as I walked around the kitchen.
I stepped into the dining room and the table was set in a romantic way for two. The candlelight flickered against the walls as I searched for Haze. I stepped into our bedroom and he was stepping out of our bathroom. He has a towel wrapped around his waist and water still dripped down his chest. His tattoos popped on his lightskin and I bit my lip as I admired my man.