Chapter 8

Caley's P.O.V.

Where is he?"I asked myself.Like I said yesterday, I stood in front of the school gates after school.

20 minutes passed and Cody was still not here. I headed towards my house in disappointment when suddenly.

"Where are you going?"Cody asked whilst grabbing my arm gently behind me.

I turned around in anger and shouted,"Where have you been!?Your 25 minutes late!"

"I have been...doing something."He said unconvincingly.

"What?"I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I was...finishing an assignment in class."he answered strangely,but I believed him.

"Well there is no time to waste.Let's start following the map."I said to him.

10 minutes later during our search

Cody's P.O.V.

We were walking in the direction the map told us to go when an awkward question popped into my head.

"Caley."I called out.

"Ya."She replied.

"How come you pretend like we're just friends and our necklaces don't match? I'm surprised you didn't get excited and instantly became my girlfriend or something."I asked

"I don't believe in the necklace system."She said while blushing."I know that you and I are not truly in love with each other."

"Wait,what did you say?"I asked surprised.

"You and I don't truly love each other."she replied.

"Well then that means you may not truly love me but you still love me. You're basically saying your in love with me,even if it's not true."I stated happily.

"I never said that that!Stop twisting my words."She said while blushing so hard.

"Whatever you say."I said with a smirk.

She rolled her eyes at me and tried not to smile.We carried on walking when suddenly...

Cliffhanger!sorry for updating so late.😓 I feel really bad.