Chapter 11

Caley's P.O.V.

Cody dropped me off at home and with a smile, he waved goodbye. He's always happy.

"Where have you been?" I heard my dad ask me while I was still dazed in my string of thoughts. "I..." I paused at the thought that my parents DIDN'T EVEN KNOW CODY OR WHAT I'M PLANNING TO DO. "I was studying with friends." I replied with a fake smile. "That's great honey, but you should really tell us where you're going before you go. We we're getting worried."My mom told me with a slightly worried tone.

"Well, you know me. Full of surprises, just full of them!" I exclaimed with a nervous laugh while slowly heading upstairs. "I need to finish an assignment quickly." I nervously said while running upstairs.

When I got to my room I got my old laptop out and plugged the flash drive in. The flash drive wouldn't have worked with my new laptop v62.

It felt so weird using it again.

The screen started to glitch ,but after a few glitches, it showed a girl. She looked miserable. She then spoke.

"Hi, I'm Angelika. I really don't know why I'm introducing myself when I know this is not going to be seen by anyone besides my future self. Anyway my future self, I really do hope you are happy." She said and started crying.

"Hopefully you have friends now. Yes, I might not have any now but you might. So you probably already created our greatest invention yet. I still remember why and how I thought of it. Remember that..." The computer started glitching uncontrollably and I couldn't hear a thing. It eventually shut down.

"Seriously?" I asked myself.  "Why at this very moment does it have to break." Just thinking about that girl made me want to cry, this goes deeper than I thought.

"Caley!" My mom called. "Coming" I replied. As soon as I got downstairs I froze. "Oh no. Why me?!"