Chapter 13

Caley's P.O.V.

It was 7:25 and Cody decided to head home. After Cody's awkward confession, my parents enjoyed his company. He became relaxed and even more humorous. I think anyone could enjoy being with someone like that.

"So, Caley Riffin, what are you really going to do when you get to your room?" My dad asked me with an irritated attitude.

I didn't answer. I knew from this very moment I was not allowed to continue my mission and that angered me.

" Well, excuse me for trying to change the world for the better." I said while giving both my parents attitude.

"Caley, you have no right to speak to us like that. We know this plan of yours is dangerous and we can't let you continue." My mom said.

"If I don't cure this disease you call the necklace system, who will?" I admit, I answered my mom a bit more arrogant then I had planned.

"Stop acting so selfish and stubborn, Caley." My father stated continuing the argument.

"Selfish. Selfish! You think I'm selfish, I'm planning to save the whole world, meanwhile you two just saved yourselves!" I felt so infuriated. I then saw my parents reaction to what I said. With nothing to say I just ran to my room and banged the door closed behind me.

I decided to put my pajamas on and got ready to sleep. After all, it was a school night. Unfortunately, a weakening feeling surrounded my stomach. I think this is what you call guilt. I shouldn't have said that.

Anyway I had to sleep, today's been a long day and I needed to be up and running the next day.

I just... I just can't sleep.