Chapter Four

I don't own any of this! I only turned this into a NaLu Fanfic!

Natsu

Rule Number Four: Never Piss Off A Girl; They Hold Grudges!

Okay, this was not good. It had been four days since Lucy had dumped the drink on me at Sonic, and she still hadn't talked to me. I'd apologized countless times, tried to get her to see my point, but each time she either ignored me or twisted my words around again and again to make it sound like I was insulting her. Damn I feel bad for the guy she dates. Jellal and I were lying beneath a shady tree on the grass, backs propped against the trunk, arms behind our heads. We were the definition of cool, a glass of icy lemonade on a blazing summer day. We weren't cocky about our looks or anything, but we knew we were hot and weren't afraid to show it.

"Redhead, tall, four o'clock," Jellal pointed out, nodding his head in the direction of said female. I turned my gaze towards her, giving her a slow appraisal, not caring if anyone saw. Not that they did. Jellal and I were so sly that nobody noticed when we were openly ogling someone. I looked at the girl, saw her straight, long red hair, such an unusual shade that it had to be natural, long legs up to there, a heart shaped face, a light smattering of freckles across the bridge of her nose, and eyes as dark as midnight.

She was hot, there was no doubt about it, but she wasn't my type. I could see her with Jellal though. I had a few classes with the girl last year, and I knew her name was Erza, a weird name but it oddly fit her. Jellal was a cool guy, liked hanging out with girls and hitting on them, but when he was in a relationship he was completely faithful. I honestly wish I could say the same about me. When I'm with a girl, I like hanging out with her, kissing her, the usual stuff, but when I see something better (looking) come along, I'm all on that like a stripper on her pole. I just couldn't resist. I didn't want to take the time out of my busy dating schedule to go through the break-up motions, didn't want to deal with the drama that inevitably came with a girl with a supposedly broken heart. I just don't understand how they can have a broken heart after two days, which is usually a record for me.

"Go for it, man," I encouraged, giving him a wolf whistle as he walked away, swaying his hips like a hot Victoria's Secret model. Laughing, I shook my head at him before reaching into my pocket and rifling through until I found my iPod. Cranking up the volume and blasting some new My Chemical Romance in my ears, I looked around Main Street, not entirely sure of who it was I was looking for until I found her.

Lucy stood with some friends, the Earth Girl Levy, her boyfriend whose name I think is Gajeel, and Juvia, the dramatic stalker girl that I always see checking me out. She had her head thrown back and was laughing about something one of them had said, wiping tears from her eyes, supporting herself on the brick wall that made up the outside walls of the cafeteria. Her friends were looking at her like she was slightly crazy, but then they burst out laughing to, unable to resist the pulls of Lucy's contagious laugh. I was smiling a little myself, just seeing her immediate reaction to something funny. Lucy seemed like one of those girls that laughed at anything and everything, always ready for a good time. Under normal circumstances, I would call her a nerd, but there was something about her that I admired.

Honestly, I think it was the fact that she didn't take any of my shit. She stood up for herself and didn't wait around for me, coming back to me when I didn't have anyone else or when it was convenient for me. She didn't wallow or waste away by the phone, waiting for me to call and beg forgiveness, which I'd never done in my life. Lucy was a cool girl, and although I don't really understand what it was I'd done to upset her, I knew that I'd really messed up, and that Lucy wasn't the kind of girl you wanted to play games with. She was straightforward and to the point, and didn't like to drag things out and make them more complicated than they needed to be. That was more than could be said for her friend Juvia. She was exactly the opposite of Juvia from what I'd observed these past few days.