Chapter 3

Back on earth
The next night, Marco was getting ready for his big date in front of the bathroom mirror. Star sat on the counter, switching her hair back and forth with her wand. "Red hoodie number one, or three?" Marco asked, holding them up to Star. Star couldn't help but giggle. She may have to hide her feelings for him, but there was no hiding how adorable he could be sometimes. "I don't know, they all look the same. On second thought, go with one. You look cuter in it." Marco turned to Star with an inquisitive expression and she hung her head and blushed. Marco finished up in the bathroom and headed downstairs. The doorbell rang and Jackie stood there, her skateboard tucked beneath her arm. "Hey Star. Hey, Marco." They flirted for a while, Star's eye twitching all the while. Finally, they left. Star shut the door and sighed. This was going to be harder than she thought. Star took the time to delete Tom from her contacts and practice magic outside. Suddenly, a portal opened behind her. Ludo and his gang stepped out, including a new monster. Star gasped, clutching her dress and falling backwards. "You!" She said to Toffee with tears in her eyes "you killed him! It was you!" "Yes well, your family made the deal with me. Hello again, Butterfly."