Chapter 5-(starco)

WARNING: The following chapter has scenes of adorable starco.⭐

When Star awoke she was laying in a dark room not unlike her own. She was hooked up to all kinds of strange wires, and people with clipboards and masks stared down at her. Someone was holding her hand. Star weakly turned her head to the side, seeing Marco holding her hand. They blushed but didn't let go. "Star." Marco cried. "I'm so sorry. I never should've- " "I-it's ok, m-Marco, really. I feel---- fff-iine. Jusst, c--ccold." Marco removed his hoodie and tucked it around Star's shoulders. "What happened?" Marco asked, and Star looked at him in a pleading way. "Ok, ok, we'll save that for later." Star smiled gratefully and soon fell asleep. Marco, still holding her hand, said "Mom, Dad, can we have a minute alone?" They obediently left and Marco walked over to star's bed. Slowly, he leaned down and gently kissed her forehead. "Goodnight, Star." He exited the room, looking back with a fond smile. Little did he know she was awake that whole time, and it took every bit of strength she had to not grin.

Mewni
"We did it, boys, finally! We have the royal wand! The universe is ours!" Ludo screeched. The monsters danced, clapped, and cheered. Finally, that teenanger was wand-less. Ludo stroked the smooth material and drooled. He couldn't believe it. The wand started to shake and jiggle, and in a puff of black smoke suddenly the wand was black and grey, with blood red wings and skulls decorating it. There were two horns on the top and incantations sketched into it. It was finally evil, after all these years. Star butterfly was probably dead, they thought. And they celebrated all night.

Earth
Star groaned and woke up to the beeping of machinery. She was still in that weird room, and the Diaz's were wiping their tears with a pack of tissues. Star saw Marco and thrust herself into a sitting postition. "Easy, Star." Marco said. Star leaned on her good arm-the other one was permanently damaged. "We've contacted the King and Queen and they're coming to pick you up tommorow." Said Mrs.Diaz. "WHAT?!" Star and Marco said in unison. "Honey, you didn't think a foreign exchange student could stay forever, right?" Mrs. Diaz asked Marco. "But..." Marco turned helplessly to Star, who was already in tears. Mrs. Diaz and Mr. Diaz left them alone again, and Marco sat on the edge of her bed. Marco engulfed her in a big hug. "I don't want you to go." He whispered in her ear, still hugging her. "I don't want you to leave me." Star hugged him tighter, both of them crying. "Marco, I-..." She broke off into tears. The two sat there hugging for what felt like hours, until Star broke away. Star grabbed him by the shoulders and stared Marco right in the eyes. "I am never ever leaving you. I promise"