Chapter 8-going back to Mewni

Marco silently helped Star pack. Now that Star wasn't injured, he didn't see why Star couldn't continue living with the Diaz's. Star finished cramming stuff into her bags and snapped the lock shut, tears flooding her face. Marco walked over and wiped one away. "Hey, hey, it's okay." He said. "Cheer up." Star looked up and then started weeping again. Marco grabbed her face in his hands. "Please don't cry, Star." Star sighed and rubbed his arm. She crossed to the other side of the room and picked up her bags. Star took out her dimensional scissors. "Ready to cut a portal back to Mewni?" Marco asked, walking over and squeezing her hand. "No." She said. She grabbed his hand, placed the scissors in his palm, and closed his hands. Marco was confused. "Keep them. I'd give you my wand if I could but Ludo has it. You probably won't be able to visit me, but I want these to remind you of everything we've done---together...." Star broke into tears again. "But, why?" Marco asked. Star sniffled and wiped her eyes. "Well, PonyHead gave these to me because she loved me, and I'm passing them down to you because, well, I love you, Marco." "I love you too, Star." Marco gave a brave smile. On the inside, his heart was shattering. He'd waited for them to happen and right when they almost did she's leaving to be queen of Mewni. "At least you're not going to Saint Olgas, right?" Marco joked, but instead of laughing she looked down sadly. "Right??" Marco demanded. "I lost the wand. They're probably gonna take me there." "That wasn't your fault!" "I know." Star said "It was yours." And then the carriage came, and in a split second the love of his life went through the portal into another dimension to be a Queen. All because of him. "You'll be back, right?" He whispered. And just before the carriage passed through the sparkly portal, he heard a familiar floaty voice say "I'll try, misunderstood bad boy. I'll try."