Chapter 6

The next morning, Star was a mess. She'd cried herself to sleep. Marco, who'd also cried all night, secretly thought she still looked beautiful. "Hey Star, are you up for some goodbyes yet?" Ferguson and Alphonso walked in and gave her a big hug. "We'll miss you Star." They said. "Oh guys..."she said, tearing up. "Take a little magic with you." She reached for her wand and sadly remembered Ludo had taken it. Star sadly took off her headband and broke off the cacti. She gave each boy a cactus as a token. Next, she said goodbye to all her other friends. Even Brittney Wong. Star covered her face in her hands. "Is it over?"
"One more." Marco said hesitantly, before pulling Jackie into the room. Star gaped at the two, who were still holding hands. Star started to get really, really mad. She clenched her hands into fists. He'd brought her here? To cheer her up?? On the day she was leaving this planet?? Oh she'd say goodbye to Jackie all right.
Suddnely, Star's eyes turned bright red. (She is a demon, like Tom, so this is gonna get crazy.) Star grew gigantic red wings and flames shot up all over the room.
"Jackie! Watch out!" Marco said, picking up Jackie and cradling her. He ran out into the hallways and Star followed, burning up the room in a sea of flames. Star was relentless, her eyes still glowing. She swooped down from the air and chased after them. Marco covered Jackie and ran as fast as he could. "What the heck, Star, stop it!!!" Star shot down the hallway, engulfing the entire hospital in ashes. Jackie and Marco tried to get away, but Marco stopped to catch his breath and Star sped up, ready to attack.
Marco kept running, and Star caught the back of his hoodie. She pulled him toward her, staring him right in the eyes. "Star, I care about you too much to let you get hurt again!!" Star was shocked. Suddenly, Star's eyes flashed back to normal, and she fell to the floor with a thump. Marco helped her up, and tears poured down her face. "Star, what was that all about??" Marco yelled. "Marco Ubaldo Diaz, from the day I met you I've loved you. I LOVED you, Marco. But you liked Jackie. But this is the last straw. I'm glad I'm leaving, you little heartbreaker. Go on dates with Jackie. Ask her which hoodie you look better in." Star choked on her tears, the waterworks still gushing down her face. "Tell her you love her. It's not like we're binded together forever. I guess that dance just meant nothing? All the years of flirting, everything? It all meant NOTHING?" Marco looked like he was going to throw up. "Star-I..." "Don't bother." Star covered her face and ran away. Jackie walked away, too. "Star-I... I love you too." He whispered. "I love you more."