Chapter 7

"Star, wait!" Marco cried, running after her. He searched everywhere but didn't find her. Marco gasped. Of course! He went to the only place he thought she would be. Sunshine Park.
Marco ran there as fast as possible, wondering how he screwed things up so bad. Marco finally reached the park, hunched over with his hands on his knees. He ran up to the swings, where Star was sitting sadly. "S--sttar!!" He panted. Before, she hadn't realized he was there. She quickly got up to run away but Marco came after, despite his tiredness. Marco grabbed her shoulder and forcefully turned her around so she faced him. With one finger, he raised her chin so they locked eyes. "I love you Star, please." Star huffed and turned to go, but again Marco spun her around and this time kissed her fully on the lips. They were warm, soft, and tasted like strawberry lipgloss. Star wriggled to get away, but when she realized there was no point, she stopped struggling. Star's eyes were still wide with shock, but eventually her eyelids gently snapped shut and she leaned into the kiss. The hearts on Star's cheeks glowed, and her wings fluttered. Marco grabbed her by the waist and pulled her closer. Star gasped and then gave a giggle. Star put her hands around his neck, and the two stayed like that for what felt like eternity, until Jackie walked by. Marco broke away, with guilt heavy as lead in his stomach, seeing Jackie. Star and Marco both blushed as red and hot as fire. Nobody spoke. He and Jackie stared at each other, and as sad as she looked, she surprisingly nodded her approval and skateboarded away. And Marco, without a nod back, pulled Star in again for another kiss.